Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXD Superglide

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008 | 08:42 PM
daniel442
Intermediate

I put mini ape bar on my FXD. SPeedo is just fine, but have to change cables.

Regarding OTD price, in my case that is the total I paid. Included the seat, pegs, tax, and title.

Old 12-16-2008 | 09:34 PM
cfdcaptain99
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Grind
Actually, I prefer the handlebar mounted speedo. Can't see the tank-mounted speedo with a fullface helmet. But, I'm curious, why is it a downfall for bar swaps?
I should have been more specific. Personally, I would really like have drag bars with integrated risers, or t-bars on my bike,. There is no good way to relocate the speedo without spending mucho bucks. And then, when you think you think you've the speedo figured out, there's still the indicator lights to deal with.
So, I guess as long you don't like drag bars, the FXD is a great choice. I shouldn't complain, $8500 vs $14000 was a no-brainer.

Old 12-16-2008 | 11:27 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior

Except for the ugly wheels and mid-controls, the FXD is an excellent motorcycle. You can do better on the price. There's no rush. If the dealer won't work with you, screw him. There are deals on Craigslist, and eBay for decent motorcycles if you know what and how to shop. It's already the 2009 model year for new Harleys, so you can get a great deal on a 2007 FXD or FXDC by shopping around and being creative. You can probably find a decent bike for between $10,000 and $12,000 with upgrades on it. There are a lot of people with 2-3 year old bikes that are not really riders who want to get rid of them.

Old 12-17-2008 | 02:01 AM
glazgowboy
Intermediate

Here's my "new to me" '07 Dyna FXD. I purchased it on E-bay for $8,850.00 last week. The dealer(not HD) that had it on E-bay is only 20 minutes away, so I was able to inspect the bike before buying. It was super clean(only scratch I found was on the rear wheel....probably from mounting the tire).

It was completely stock, except for forward controls and only had 1,570 miles on it.

This week I had a local independent do the Stage I, change all the fluids and install the BSS in black. I'm very pleased thus far.

Attached Thumbnails FXD Superglide-img_0267-small-.jpg   FXD Superglide-img_0269-small-.jpg  
Old 12-17-2008 | 04:31 AM
nooster
Advanced
Default ugly wheels ?

the wheels are why I bought the FXD

Old 12-17-2008 | 05:35 AM
Gary7
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by nooster
The wheels on the FXD are by far the best looking wheels on any of the Dyna models.

A set of FXD wheels, chromed, on an FXDC...I'd be all over that.

Old 12-17-2008 | 08:14 AM
Grind
Road Master

Originally Posted by nooster
Yep. me, too. Spokes just don't 'speak' to me.

Old 12-17-2008 | 09:31 AM
risdo
Road Captain
Talking

Like most FXD buyers, I bought mine because it was a "blank canvas", to do with as I pleased...

When I bought my '07, I walked in the dealer looking like a total bum. They ignored me at first. Finally, a salesman asked if he could help me, and I pointed at a black FXD and said, "I want to buy that one." The guy looked at me skeptically, but took me back to the finance guy to run my numbers.

Well, long story short... as soon as he saw my credit rating he looked up at me and said "are you sure you just want a Super Glide? You can have anything in here..."

So, now, I've gone from being some bum off the street, to even the friggin' finance guy trying to sell me something more expensive...

Nope. Price doesn't matter. FXD, all the way, man!

Last edited by risdo; 12-17-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-17-2008 | 09:33 AM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

Super Glides, or SG Customs are the best deal in HD's, IMO. Especially used. I'm really happy with mine. More comfortable than my sportbike, but better in the curves than a bagger. Great compromise! I'm unhappy with the stock seat and suspension, but luckily the aftermarket is real kind to Harleys

Oh, and my '05 has the bar-mounted speedo and I've got no issues with it. I really want a tach, but I'll probably just add a digital mini-tach at some point.

Old 12-17-2008 | 09:38 AM
risdo
Road Captain

I swapped my mini-tach for one of these. It was kind of expensive, but I love it.

Maybe, since it's from the H-D catalog, you can get a package deal on it with the bike.

Quick Reply: FXD Superglide