Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXD Superglide

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008 | 04:08 PM
cfdcaptain99
Cruiser

Nothing wrong with an FXD... I've got one myself. I got a similar deal to Geezer2's. An 05with 4800 miles, $2500 in extras, for $8500.
If you're going to buy new, consider the FXDC. You get alot of nice upgrades for not much more. Chrome primary, cam and tranny cover, plus a fatter tank with a tank-mounted speedometer. That pesty handlebar-mounted speedo on the FXD is a downfall if you ever want to do bar swaps... etc.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Old 12-16-2008 | 04:42 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by XKROME
I don't think the Moco is to worried about the economy. when I was shopping around for a King the dealer told me they just got a memo sayin that they were raising all interest rates nation wide. not much negotiation on the price either. WTF??? everyone els is lowering rates to get buyers in. maybe they got enough $$ to weather the storm.

Not at all...they have to pay off all the bad loans from the zero down "Ride Free" program they did several years ago. This is a huge financial burden on them right now. One easy way to recoup thier losses from all the reposessed bikes is to charge more interest to the new buyers.

Old 12-16-2008 | 07:04 PM
Grind
Road Master

Just got my first HD four weeks ago, an FXD. Went for the blank slate aspect. Absofarkinlutely love it, although I've only been able to put 275 miles on it so far - damn snow.

Originally Posted by cfdcaptain99
...a tank-mounted speedometer. That pesty handlebar-mounted speedo on the FXD is a downfall if you ever want to do bar swaps...
Actually, I prefer the handlebar mounted speedo. Can't see the tank-mounted speedo with a fullface helmet. But, I'm curious, why is it a downfall for bar swaps?

Old 12-16-2008 | 07:30 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter
Veteran: Navy
Supporter

Go with the FXD and then make "your ride".

Old 12-16-2008 | 08:34 PM
2002fxdp
Road Captain

thats funny......
i'd like to get an FLHX as my second bike!

Old 12-16-2008 | 08:34 PM
daniel442
Intermediate

I think he FXD gives you the best bang for the buck if you are looking for a big-twin model, and that's why I got one. Depending on what mods you want to do to it, take a look at the FXDC, Low Rider, and Stret Bob to see if it's better to change it yourself or get the chrome, or tach, or handlebar of the other models. I personaly like the speedo at the handlebar, the wheels (spokes look nice, but they require a tube and that's a no-no for me), and is just ready to make it your unique bike.

I got mine for $12,904 OTD. Red, with Sundowner seat and passenger pegs.
15k the first year and loving it.

Old 12-16-2008 | 08:35 PM
jackinthebox
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by cfdcaptain99
Nothing wrong with an FXD... I've got one myself. I got a similar deal to Geezer2's. An 05with 4800 miles, $2500 in extras, for $8500.
If you're going to buy new, consider the FXDC. You get alot of nice upgrades for not much more. Chrome primary, cam and tranny cover, plus a fatter tank with a tank-mounted speedometer. That pesty handlebar-mounted speedo on the FXD is a downfall if you ever want to do bar swaps... etc.
Just my 2 cents worth.
I dont mind the look of the speedo, but my first mods would be bars and forward controls. I like apes: So how much does the speedo affect new bars?

Old 12-16-2008 | 08:37 PM
jackinthebox
|
Road Master

[QUOTE=bberck;4241450]I have learned people refer to OTD prices to different ways. With and without sales tax.

So if that price is with tax I think its a good deal. If its without tax, I would shop around some more.[/QU

Includes tax and title

Old 12-16-2008 | 08:40 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by jackinthebox
I dont mind the look of the speedo, but my first mods would be bars and forward controls. I like apes: So how much does the speedo affect new bars?
On Apes it wont effect it at all really. If you go bigger than 1 inch you just have to make sure the clamp area is cut down to 1 inch and is cut down wide enough for the speedo clamp.

Last edited by bberck; 12-16-2008 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-16-2008 | 08:41 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by jackinthebox
I been going back and forth about possible getting a second bike. One of the bikes I like is the FXD because its just bare bones and ready for me to make it into what I want. I was at the dealer and they gave me a price.

13,200 OTD
Pewter Pearl no other option
Cali emmisions

What do you guys think
I got my FXDC- 0 miles, for 13.6.... keep looking for a better deal.

Quick Reply: FXD Superglide