Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

??? about 04-05 differences from 06 & up dynas

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Streets of Fire
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

any pics of you 04 fxdi?

My 04fxdli in the sig pic.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:41 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bowman78
well mines an fxdi and im alright with upgrading to the newer bigger stuff on the front end if its a noticible difference ie handling or control... or more wheel options or the option of a dual disc brake setup.... i have no problem doing the work if i know what all i need in the way of parts to do all the work.............,...thanks forthe info............tim
Tim just start some threads about what you are curious to do....Parts and aftermarket accessories are plenty available for the 03-05 model. the sky's the limit...
1st thing, buy a service manual if you have not yet...

Old 12-15-2008, 09:56 PM
fixxr
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too have an 05,and can tell you there is a lot you can do to them!Belive me I've bin there!

Old 12-15-2008, 10:20 PM
Streets of Fire
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fixxr
I too have an 05,and can tell you there is a lot you can do to them!Belive me I've bin there!

Nice looking bike!!! I agree there is some stuff you can do. I'm just getting started.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:43 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by sniper77
It seems rather rediculous to argue about what Dyna frame is superior since none of them have the right number of motor mounts to keep it stable in high speed sweepers, hence "True-Track" to the rescue.
That is true...actually the best frame design close is the old FXR frames that don't use the swingarm bolted through the trans and are just as heavy as the guage on the new dyna frame. The old Dynas are fine I just think HD should have never used the Sportster front fork on a bike that size. It is obvious they were just saving $$ on tooling costs. BTW, do you have a true track on your bike?

Old 12-15-2008, 11:13 PM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 473 Likes on 277 Posts

I bought an '01 FXDXT specifically to tear down to the bare frame and re-build the way I want (would have preferred an '02...) The 39mm front end will work just fine and there's a pile of stuff you can do; not all cheap and not all easy...how do you want the bike to end up? Handling? "Street" looks? Performance? I'm sure happy with mine; but it wasn't cheap or easy.....

'01 FXDXT
103 by HQ
Sputhe aluminum swingarm and motor mounts
Excell aluminum wheels
Lyndall composite rotors
620lbs wet weight
fairly quick and handles OK

Attached Thumbnails ??? about 04-05 differences from 06 & up dynas-driveway.jpg  
Old 12-16-2008, 01:59 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by bowman78
well mines an fxdi and im alright with upgrading to the newer bigger stuff on the front end if its a noticible difference ie handling or control... or more wheel options or the option of a dual disc brake setup.... i have no problem doing the work if i know what all i need in the way of parts to do all the work.............,...thanks forthe info............tim
Welcome

Just look around on the forum and you'll see all kinds of crazy **** guys are doing to their bikes. You are mostly just limited by your imagination, creativity, funds/resources and spousal unit (if applicable j/k).

If you spend some time learning your way around the 'search' function, you can find a wealth of resources of guys explaining how they did some mod to their bikes. If you have any questions, use the PM function to send them a private message. Most guys are happy to explain something ... or just post a thread to the board and get all the advice and wise cracks you can withstand!

Good luck,

R/
Priest

Attached Thumbnails ??? about 04-05 differences from 06 & up dynas-dsci0010.jpg   ??? about 04-05 differences from 06 & up dynas-63-duo-glide-fl.jpg  
Old 12-16-2008, 03:55 AM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
That is true...actually the best frame design close is the old FXR frames that don't use the swingarm bolted through the trans and are just as heavy as the guage on the new dyna frame. The old Dynas are fine I just think HD should have never used the Sportster front fork on a bike that size. It is obvious they were just saving $$ on tooling costs. BTW, do you have a true track on your bike?
No, I don't. If I hadn't lost my job and wrecked I was hoping to get True-track for Christmas. Now it's a matter of just getting it back together so I can ride again.
Maybe next year...

Old 12-16-2008, 09:19 AM
WildBillAce2
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Streets of Fire
any pics of you 04 fxdi?

My 04fxdli in the sig pic.
'04 here in sig, lots of stuff you can do...