Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

??? about 04-05 differences from 06 & up dynas

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by sniper77
IF anything the '04 frame is better than the '06 simply because of the way the passenger pegs are mounted. Yours are mounted to the frame and mine ('06) and later models are mounted to the swingarm.....not a cushiony spot for the little lady to rest her feet.
Say what?

Old 12-15-2008, 03:02 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by sniper77
IF anything the '04 frame is better than the '06 simply because of the way the passenger pegs are mounted. Yours are mounted to the frame and mine ('06) and later models are mounted to the swingarm.....not a cushiony spot for the little lady to rest her feet.
Who cares about her feet bouncing? WTF...her legs better be used to some bouncing or she aint riding on my bike... The frame on the 06+ is definitely superior. Basically they designed the Sportster parts out of the dyna in 2006.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:07 PM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It seems rather rediculous to argue about what Dyna frame is superior since none of them have the right number of motor mounts to keep it stable in high speed sweepers, hence "True-Track" to the rescue.

But maybe you should try riding with your feet on the passenger pegs of an '06 and later model and let us know how long you can take it

Old 12-15-2008, 03:41 PM
bowman78
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cool

well mines an fxdi and im alright with upgrading to the newer bigger stuff on the front end if its a noticible difference ie handling or control... or more wheel options or the option of a dual disc brake setup.... i have no problem doing the work if i know what all i need in the way of parts to do all the work.............,...thanks forthe info............tim

Old 12-15-2008, 04:05 PM
doitinthewoods
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I have an 08 wide glide and loving it, my wife has never complained about the pegs, although she has complained about the $ I've spent whiloe she's beem parked.

Old 12-15-2008, 04:14 PM
Sport King
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Closed Loop Injection
New cam plate , Oil Pump , Chain tensioners.
6 speed tranny
Front end
And everything any one else said .

Old 12-15-2008, 06:46 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,815 Likes on 2,546 Posts

One thing for sure, the 04, 05's and earlier are more user freindly. For instance, to change the fork oil on the 06 and newer one has to remove the front forks. The older ones pull the fork cap nut, remove the drain screw drain oil, replace drain screw put in oil install cap nut. Carbs are easier to troubleshoot, and my engine covers/parts on my 05 will fit my 02. I might be a little biased but I do like my Dynas.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:41 PM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're mostly worried about how your front end handles, a fork brace, some aftermarket fork springs, and thicker fork oil will make your front end better than the '06-newer bikes. Looks are a different story though. As for dual discs, yours is an easier and cheaper conversion than the new ones (H-D sells a kit for the older ones).

Old 12-15-2008, 08:04 PM
glide05
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bowman78
well mines an fxdi and im alright with upgrading to the newer bigger stuff on the front end if its a noticible difference ie handling or control... or more wheel options or the option of a dual disc brake setup.... i have no problem doing the work if i know what all i need in the way of parts to do all the work.............,...thanks forthe info............tim
the best suspension change for your front end is to try to find an FXDX front end (04-05).
This will give you the best Dyna suspension that HD included on any stock bike and will include a dual front brake setup. Older FXDX forks might work as well - but the axle prior to 04 is different and will require a bearing change.
It won't be particularly cheap or easy to find - but it will give you a bolt on performance upgrade, no spacer or fender mount worries.

I don't think the 49mm front end by itself will give a noticeable performance difference, but it will look a lot beefier.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:07 PM
PaleRearEnd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

05 wide glide ftw!!

lmao..

sorry... continue

Quick Reply: ??? about 04-05 differences from 06 & up dynas