Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Turn Signals

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 10:52 AM
rexel
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Turn Signals

Who hats removed their front turn signals? I want to remove and powder coat them and I'm having a difficult time with the wires and getting the inside assembly out. What's the best and way.
Thanks.

Old 12-14-2008, 11:05 AM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First you have to disconnect the wires which are located in the neck, under the tank.
Once you get the tank back a bit you can take the plastic cover off the bottom of the neck, fish all the wires out and locate the plugs for the turn signals.......

You do have a service manual that details all of this right?

Old 12-14-2008, 11:50 AM
rexel
Advanced

Originally Posted by sniper77
First you have to disconnect the wires which are located in the neck, under the tank.
Once you get the tank back a bit you can take the plastic cover off the bottom of the neck, fish all the wires out and locate the plugs for the turn signals.......

You do have a service manual that details all of this right?
Yeah, I have the service manual...was just hoping that there was an easier way of getting them appart without having to try and fish all the wires out from under the tank.
Thanks.

Old 12-14-2008, 12:09 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rexel
Yeah, I have the service manual...was just hoping that there was an easier way of getting them appart without having to try and fish all the wires out from under the tank.
Thanks.
no easier way than disconnecting them... you will need to remove the connector as well to get the wiring through the body of the turn signal... If you cannot figure out how to remove the wire from the connector than you could just cut the wire then solder and shrink wrap upon reassembly. Easiest thing to do would be buy some black signals and install.

Old 12-14-2008, 12:31 PM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's not that the job isn't easy, it's just tedious and worth taking your time so when you put it back together it looks like you were never there.

Old 12-14-2008, 12:56 PM
blacked out
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rounder
no easier way than disconnecting them... you will need to remove the connector as well to get the wiring through the body of the turn signal... If you cannot figure out how to remove the wire from the connector than you could just cut the wire then solder and shrink wrap upon reassembly. Easiest thing to do would be buy some black signals and install.

Where would one find black turn signals I would like to buy some for my 2008 Street bob if it's that big of a job to take them off and have them coated.

G

Old 12-14-2008, 02:25 PM
amish
Road Captain

nightster sigs are black

Old 12-14-2008, 04:36 PM
rexel
Advanced

I pulled the wires out from the housing inside the socket and then pushed the rubber grommet out of the signal housing....I figured this would be easier than pushing the tank back and pulling the wiring out through the handle bars....now off to powder coat

Old 12-14-2008, 07:21 PM
TheOak
Cruiser

I wanted to relocate my lights, but figured messing with the wires would turn out disasterous..

Old 12-14-2008, 08:37 PM
sancho_panza
Advanced
Default black front signals

I won't lie to you: it takes some time, but it's not that hard to do everything as detailed in the manual (or in the directions that come with signal relocation kits).

And the Crossbones front sigs are perfect. I bought them for my Street Bob. They're kind of flat back -- not super glossy like on the Nightster. And the Nightster signals scratch super -easy.

Quick Reply: Front Turn Signals