Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New "HACKER PIPES" WAR HEADER for Dynas

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 03:58 PM
drtheo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool to see that Hacker Himself come out to dispell rumors, that should say something for them being in touch with the comminity

Old 01-14-2009, 04:00 PM
drtheo
Tourer

Originally Posted by Hacker customs
Posting info only:
Hackerpipes uses the same ceramic coater as Bassani and and several other big name exhaust. We build the pipes, not the finishes.
As for 2nd hand knowlege, that is all it is, 2nd hand.
We stand behind our warranty and quality., however if our pipes are not properly remapped or rejetted, you run the risk of burning the finish right off. Ceramic coatings have a flash point of 1800 degrees. If your pipes get hotter than 1800 degrees the ceramic will burn off. Failure to rejet or remap so the air/fuel mixture goes leaner than 13.5 to 1, then your engine is running lean and burning off the ceramics or bluing the chrome is a certainty.
Our exhaust are built for performance, the more Horsepower your bike puts out = more fuel needed. All of our instructions state, " your engine must be set to tun no leaner than 13.5 to 1, failurre to do so will jeoperdize the coatings".
I do not think we can spell it out any plainer!
Not everyone follows this and that is where the problem comes in.

Ronie Hacker
Nice to see that Mr. Hacker himself comes out to dispell rumors, that should say something sbout their customer service and that they are in touch with the community esp. the people here on this furum.

Old 01-14-2009, 05:12 PM
Dizzzy
Tourer

I would frickin rock those pipes on my bike! I like that you can see joints. Hacker...send me a set, and I'll advertise them for you!...ok...maybe I'll just pick a pair up.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:35 PM
Pepsimayn
Tourer

Care to explain the differences in baffles? That kind of info would be good on the site. I couldn't find it if it's there. I like the looks of the track tuned system, and you can't beat the discount.

Any other photos of the system in black? 06+ Dyna

Old 01-14-2009, 09:02 PM
cramil
Tourer

Originally Posted by rockon
I was looking at those last week, and I can't put my finger on what I don't like. It's like the muffler part is too small or something.

Here's the same thing on another bike:
Under the softail section they have it listed with an optional 9", 12" or 16" muffler "can" and is available in all black or all chrome too. Anyone see where the discounts are applied? The checkout doesn't show it.

Looks pretty good and they can customize some. Wonder if they would be able to delete the holes in an all chrome version?

Also note that that dyno graph is for an 80" EVO, wonder what the Twin Cam's look like?

Old 01-15-2009, 03:25 PM
FUQUA
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AdrianVall
They don't look like they'd be very loud. But they look alright... there's others that I like better though. Something about it looks wierd, like rockon mentioned. Maybe it is the muffler, I dunno..
+1 on the weird ........

Old 01-15-2009, 04:50 PM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

They got some nice pipes.