Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shift arm adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 02:35 PM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Shift arm adjustment

One of the threads I was reading the other day made mention of the fact that some of the guys were in the habit of raising their foot off the peg to down shift and I realized I was doing the same thing. My forward controls which I had installed before I picked up my bike had the shift arm adjusted at such an extreme up and down angle that it was not natural to bend the ankle far enough to comfortably get my toes above the shift peg. I was looking at the mechanism last nite and took off the shift arm to see if it was adjustable and sure enough the shaft is serrated so that the arm can be adjusted to any angle. Readjusted mine a good bit forward and now my instep rests comfortably on the peg while I down shift. Small thing but much more comfortable now.

Hope I didn't insult anyones intelligence,most of you probably already knew this,but it hadn't occured to me initially so maybe someone can use this little tip.

Good Luck

Tom