Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

color matched battery box/fuse box

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 09:08 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

EXPY! just the guy i got the idea from!!! hahaha... man i dont sleep much... i work all day and then spend my nights in the shop... usually i will watch the sun rise catch a few hours sleep and head back to work... but last night the heater ran out of juice, and it got COLD fast! i still have to gloss black the peg supports tonight... ill snap a pic of it all together....
Grind... personally I think it would look awesome to have the silver boxs on your ride... i would black out the battery band to break it up, but never the less it would look awesome...
either that or you should see the new chrome powder i got... i have tried them all and this one is ALMOST spot on to chrome!

Old 12-12-2008, 09:17 AM
bosken
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great, I will do the same when I change the color on my ride...soon I hope

Old 12-12-2008, 09:24 AM
SUPER01
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by JRK5892
so i have been loving the color matched battery box and fuse box since i saw it on here a while back... i powdered mine gloss black a while ago... while i liked the look it was still not what i wanted... well i took a risk and ordered every color HD makes in powder... got black cherry as well... this stuff is a PAIN to work with, but after 4 attempts of shooting and blasting back down to metal again i finally figured out what it likes in the oven and for cooling... man this is an exact... i mean EXACT match to my bikes tins... looks like it has a heavy flake in the pics but it is subtle... ill toss them back on the bike tomorrow... ran out of juice for the night, also blasted down my passanger peg supports to shoot ultra black, no more wrinkle on this bike after this winter... Thanks tweakin, got me motivated to do some more work to my harley bud... finally was able to pull myself away from my cafe build... here are the pics... this should really clean up the lines on the bike making it smooooth and clean

That turned out real nice!

Hey you didn't happen to get any Real Teal color did ya?
I'm planning on painting the elect cover when I paint the new front fender but that powder looks real good.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:28 AM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

looks good joe!!

Old 12-12-2008, 10:03 AM
JRK5892
Banned

Originally Posted by SUPER01
That turned out real nice!

Hey you didn't happen to get any Real Teal color did ya?
I'm planning on painting the elect cover when I paint the new front fender but that powder looks real good.
no man the place only makes 6 colors with more to come... i am sure there is an exact match in powder though... would bet the bank on it

Old 12-12-2008, 10:59 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks great Joe can't wait to see the pics. Not to sound gay, but I wish we lived closer I think we could turn out some nice stuff.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:11 AM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 392 Likes on 148 Posts

Joe

I've been thinking about doing the same thing. My bike is black cherry as well. I have two questions. Why powder coat instead of colour match paint? And isn't the electrical cover plastic. Is it safe to put it in an oven without melting it?

Old 12-12-2008, 11:24 AM
JRK5892
Banned

Blaster... they are metal, powder coating take 20 min... to color match paint, it would take forever with prep, prime, mixing and adding flex/hardener, getting the temp in the room right to shoot... then clear and buff...
with powder i just blast, and powder... done... just took a bit to get used to this new powder

HOGRIDA, YOU KNOW THAT IS RIGHT!!!! for real with your metal fab and welding the SKY would be the limit brother!

Old 12-12-2008, 11:30 AM
FUQUA
Road Master

Sweet!! joe looks awesome, this forum is the best. Get some incredible ideas in here thanks.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:37 PM
dpriest
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks great Joe. Post some pics when u get a chance. Glad u worked out the process. I'm sure it'll be worth the effort.

Quick Reply: color matched battery box/fuse box