Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn LED Turn Lenses

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 12:56 AM
creekhed1
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kuryakyn LED Turn Lenses

Anyone here using Kuryakyn LED Turn Lenses?
I want them but is installing the Load EQ Necessary...and if so is installation of the Load EQ easy?

Old 12-10-2008, 01:03 AM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

It is required if you switch to LEDs.

Don't buy the Kury load equalizer...get the Biketronics one on Drag Specialties....no splicing required, and it doesn't overheat like the Kury ones do.

http://www.dragspecialties.com/fatbo...?q=biketronics

Old 12-10-2008, 06:52 AM
0lowrider1
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

had mine on for a year so far....no problems...the eq is just a plug in.....

Old 12-10-2008, 08:50 AM
creekhed1
Road Master

I could not get that link to load...is this the LEQ you are referring to?
http://www.kutterharley.com/eshoppro..._LOAD_EQUA.htm

Old 12-10-2008, 08:52 AM
creekhed1
Road Master
Old 12-10-2008, 04:17 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member

creekhed1 is correct...if I'm not mistaken, the one 0lowrider1 posted requires splicing or crimping. The Biketronics module is plug and play. Part # 0605-3005 on Drag Specialties...fits 01-08 Dynas.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:04 PM
WDHGS
Road Captain
Thumbs up Kuryakyn Lenses

On both of the bikes I have owned, I made the $350 investment each time to get the Kuryakyn Panacea LED rear light with the integrated LED rear turn signals. I even added the front leds for my Fat Bob. I know from riding in a car behind a bike that when those lights flash when either stopping or turning it definitely gets your attention, and that's why I added them. I actually had the local HD dealership do the install only to find out the parts were all plug and play. I think you're making the right move.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:23 PM
firefighter3666
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The install of the Kuryakyn LEDs and the load equalizer is plug n play. No real challenge involved. Make sure when you do the install that the load equalizer is either zip-tied or 3m double side taped to something metal. I think I manage to get mine to the frame. The load equalizer will heat up with the use of the signals, and having it in contact with metal is neccessary for it to shed that heat.

Also, they are serious when they tell you to avoid using your 4 way flashers when running with leds. Too much load to equalize, too much heat, and I managed to fry one equalizer. But, that's what you get when you don't read every part of the install directions.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Gwjvw
Road Warrior

Dam those look nice!

Old 12-11-2008, 09:46 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by firefighter3666
The install of the Kuryakyn LEDs and the load equalizer is plug n play. No real challenge involved. Make sure when you do the install that the load equalizer is either zip-tied or 3m double side taped to something metal. I think I manage to get mine to the frame. The load equalizer will heat up with the use of the signals, and having it in contact with metal is neccessary for it to shed that heat.

Also, they are serious when they tell you to avoid using your 4 way flashers when running with leds. Too much load to equalize, too much heat, and I managed to fry one equalizer. But, that's what you get when you don't read every part of the install directions.
If you get the Biketronics equalizer, this is a moot point...I've run the 4-way flashers with no issue, and didn't have to ground anything either. It plugs straight into the wiring harness.

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn LED Turn Lenses