Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Deal on a Street Bob?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008 | 05:59 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

Do your own due dillgent research, have your funds together, know what you want and know what you are willing to spend and walk in ready to buy and do your best deal, simple as that, no magic formula.. You either like the deal and take it or not.
Simple as that. It's a sheit or get off the pot type of philosophy..

Old 12-16-2008 | 03:28 PM
frankjake
Road Master

One thing to rememer is to get a "deal" that you are happy with. There is always going to be someone out there who says or thinks they got a better deal.

You can always find a better deal somewhere else, it just depends on how much research and leg work and traveling you want to do.

I travel a lot and manage to stop by as many HD dealers I can. Prices are all over the board. One dealer may have a cheaper price on this, and one may have a cheaper price on that. Sometimes the actualy price listed on the bikes seems "good" or lower than other dealers, but that dealer may charge you more for other items, such as dealer prep, handeling, paperwork etc. And then you have the taxes and registration fees to consider.

You know the basic price of the bike, you can get that online from the HD website.

Now get an idea of how much you want your interest rate to be. DO NOT FOOLED when the sales person asks you "what do you want your payment to be". This is such a trick to so many people. the dealer can make your payment ANYTHING you want it to be by adjusting other figures such as extending the length of the loan, asking for more/less money down, adjusting the interest rate, just to name a few.

So here are the rules I follow.

Figure out what you are willing to pay for the bike.
Figure out what interest rate you are willing to pay. This has to be reasonable as to what your credit rating is and what the lending market is offering.

Figure out how much you want to put down and how long you want to finance.

With these figues, you can figue out what you payment will be. YOU can adjust your payment yourself by putting more down, extending the lenght of the loan or adjusting the interest rate (if possible).

Basiclly make an offer of $500 below MSRP, tell them you want to finance with 10% down for X number of years and you are willing to pay X amount for an interest rate.

I dont' worry too much about adding stuff on right then. They know you want that "bling" and can charge you more because it so tempting to add into the loan. Just buy the basic bike, then add the stuff on later.

And last but not least, do NOT worry about what other people say or think about your deal. If you are happy with it, that's really all that matters. No matter what you do, you can ALWAYS find a cheaper price somewhere else, but that doesn't always mean is "your best deal".

Hope this helps. And good luck with your purchase. I just bought a new Fat Bob and had to go round and round with the sales guy, but we finally agreed upon a deal that I am happy with and that's all that matters to me.

Old 12-16-2008 | 03:34 PM
Pablo22
Road Warrior

Just figure out what you want to pay, walk in and say S0 and SO Dealer 100 miles away offered me XXXX - I would rather buy here because you are local, can you match their deal?