Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Deal on a Street Bob?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008 | 09:31 AM
kerry_okie
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DeathProof72
I am going to shop around with this offer in hand. Any opinions on whether it might be asking anything unreasonable?

2009 Street Bob (Black Denim)

MSRP $13,344

No prep and freight charges (most dealers here in New York charge $995 for this !!)

$1000 below MSRP (total pre tax cost $12,344)

If financing through HD, lowest rate offered 7.99 or lower (my credit is awesome, so I would no doubt qualify, unless they decide the rate and not base it on credit qualifications)
This is the exact deal I got when I bought my FXDB in Feb. 2007. I think I'm actually at a lower interest rate than 7.99 with Harley, though.

-- kerry --

Old 12-15-2008 | 09:50 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

I agree. I ended up pulling the trigger on Saturday. I ended up with straight MSRP (no freight or prep fees) amd 20% off what I buy when I take the bike, 15% off all accessories or gear through March 08, and a standing 15% on any exhaust system related installation equipment open indefinitely until done, and a free battery tender (hey, it' something) . And I was also able to order my bike at the same price they were offering on the floor model..
when the bike due to arrive?.... Also get 2-1 pipes they are the best for extra umph.

Old 12-15-2008 | 10:50 AM
DeathProof72
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by kerry_okie
This is the exact deal I got when I bought my FXDB in Feb. 2007. I think I'm actually at a lower interest rate than 7.99 with Harley, though.

-- kerry --
They told me Saturday that they recently received notification from HD that the interest rates had gone up effective the end of October and the current lowest rate was 7.99 (they showed me the correspondence)..

Old 12-15-2008 | 10:52 AM
DeathProof72
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by rounder
when the bike due to arrive?.... Also get 2-1 pipes they are the best for extra umph.
Should have it by January. The later the better actually, gives me a bit more time to recover from Christmas, :-)

For pipes, I like the sound and look of the Vance Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 in black. Not necessarily looking for HP increase, just a cooler look and sound..

Old 12-15-2008 | 10:53 AM
DeathProof72
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by rounder
Noticed your sissy bar, who makes it?

Old 12-15-2008 | 10:55 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member

Should have it by January. The later the better actually, gives me a bit more time to recover from Christmas, :-)

For pipes, I like the sound and look of the Vance Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 in black. Not necessarily looking for HP increase, just a cooler look and sound..
I said that once, now I'm saving for a 2-1.

Old 12-15-2008 | 10:56 AM
DeathProof72
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by nathanw
Congrats man! Hope you enjoy the new baby.

Old 12-15-2008 | 11:17 AM
DeathProof72
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by HOGRIDA_06
I said that once, now I'm saving for a 2-1.
I like to look of your pipe as well... Especially the heat wrapping you put on..

Old 12-15-2008 | 11:35 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

Noticed your sissy bar, who makes it?
Khromewerks.....
also the looks of a thunderheader or D&D Fatcat trump the 2-2 learn from our mistakes...

Old 12-15-2008 | 11:55 AM
Mastertone
6th Gear
Thumbs up agree...

+1 for the thunderheader. This is a great setup, the fatcat is no joke either. I think you'll like the sound, and the oomph is there, like the other posters have indicated as well.

I wasn't trying to slam the sales industry with my earlier post, but I was asking a question as to something I've been curious about for a while. Also, if you can save a few $ while at the same time offering what is a fair, and profitable, deal to a seller...there's no harm done. Wasn't that the original direction of this thread?

A tall sissy adds great looks. And if you tour further down the road it adds alot of functionality for T-luggage, backrest cargo bags, or other setups. It seems to be (the Dyna) a bike that you could put several enjoyable trips on with the right setup. I like progressive suspension and saddle, grip/bar upgrades...they go along way to making your bike it's best for touring. Don't forget the window...did you get one when you bought your bike?

Quick Reply: Good Deal on a Street Bob?