Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Deal on a Street Bob?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008 | 10:06 AM
jamman
Road Master

LOL. whatta fiasco! shop around, best advice is go slow.. don't like the deal walk , don't let it bug you..used are goin real good right now, seen some great prices.
BTW gave msrp + the std shipping and other doc fees, 1354.00 out the door mar. 06

Old 12-14-2008 | 10:34 AM
nathanw
Road Warrior

I stand by my original statement. EVERYONE knows that you clowns still make money even when selling at invoice. You continue to prove why your industry is so hated. Keep it up champ.

P.S. The OP never said that he didn't want the dealer to make any money, only that he wanted a good deal. Smarten up.

Originally Posted by Topspin
I'm assuming that since I'm such a DBag and you're such a stand up guy, that you charge invoice prices (your cost) on your products and/or services.

Am I correct?

Old 12-14-2008 | 11:09 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by nathanw
I stand by my original statement. EVERYONE knows that you clowns still make money even when selling at invoice. You continue to prove why your industry is so hated. Keep it up champ.

P.S. The OP never said that he didn't want the dealer to make any money, only that he wanted a good deal. Smarten up.
salesmen today get screwed by the new car "invoice". A salesman makes his money by flipping a buyer to a lease or selling preowned... a preowned will have around 4K markup in it's list price at most dealers(around 2K on a "sale" price). invoices are as little as 400 from list on many less expensive cars. Without any gross over invoice the salesman makes 100-150 per new car hoping on selling enough to see a bonus. The invoice is just a tool for negotiation for the industry and does not in any way actually represent "cost" of the vehicle. Today if you buy a car for more than 1500 under invoice you left money on the table...

back to the topic... the quoted deal the OP has sounds good to me... If you beat it , great, if it is the best then accept it... I can't believe all the angst people go through to save 2-3 dollars a month in payments.

Last edited by rounder; 12-14-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old 12-14-2008 | 12:21 PM
nathanw
Road Warrior

Salesmen don't make a ton on new sales, unless there are spifs from the manu or dealer offered to them. The dealer makes it on the back end. Hold back, buy rate on the loan, etc. I used to be a salesman at a new car dealer. I made decent money especially on used, but I quit because I couldn't stand how disgustingly crooked they are.

Originally Posted by rounder
salesmen today get screwed by the new car "invoice". A salesman makes his money by flipping a buyer to a lease or selling preowned... a preowned will have around 4K markup in it's list price at most dealers(around 2K on a "sale" price). invoices are as little as 400 from list on many less expensive cars. Without any gross over invoice the salesman makes 100-150 per new car hoping on selling enough to see a bonus. The invoice is just a tool for negotiation for the industry and does not in any way actually represent "cost" of the vehicle. Today if you buy a car for more than 1500 under invoice you left money on the table...

back to the topic... the quoted deal the OP has sounds good to me... If you beat it , great, if it is the best then accept it... I can't believe all the angst people go through to save 2-3 dollars a month in payments.

Last edited by nathanw; 12-14-2008 at 12:23 PM.
Old 12-14-2008 | 09:35 PM
Mastertone
6th Gear
Talking the "trigger pull"...

What really happens in there guys....? For those of you that really know. Say you shoot a good low number at the sales guy for the Dyna Street "I'll give you $12,000 for that one right there, vivid black, no security, blank canvas....the salesman slips away around the bend, going to talk to the floor man....you're left sitting there thinking "Hell, he's making $ on the front end, he's making money on the back end, he'll rape my trade if I have one, he's making money when I sign the financing...what the frip are they having to talk about, this is a baby seal clubbing!" Stop me if I'm way off base, but what gives....I'm guessing they're cooking up, a "we gota milk him till we run out of t*t." scheme. Why can't it all just be easy. Why can't he come back around the bend, shake your hand, you sign a clearly understood finance agreement, the key toss, and happy trails!? This is a good thread, I like this discussion. It's probably the most relevent material on something we all have to do if we want to ride, get the darn bike! Love you guys... -M

Old 12-15-2008 | 07:27 AM
DeathProof72
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by nevil
I don't know where you're located, but if you haven't pulled the trigger yet, this looks like a great deal on a new Fat Bob:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/956193876.html
Maybe, but I was shopping for an '09 Street Bob, LOL

Old 12-15-2008 | 07:33 AM
DeathProof72
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by jamman
LOL. whatta fiasco! shop around, best advice is go slow.. don't like the deal walk , don't let it bug you..used are goin real good right now, seen some great prices.
BTW gave msrp + the std shipping and other doc fees, 1354.00 out the door mar. 06
Only thing is that I don't want used, because I only like the look of the 09 modem (chopped fender and non black primary cover). But appreciate the advise.

Old 12-15-2008 | 07:54 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mastertone
What really happens in there guys....? For those of you that really know. Say you shoot a good low number at the sales guy for the Dyna Street "I'll give you $12,000 for that one right there, vivid black, no security, blank canvas....the salesman slips away around the bend, going to talk to the floor man....you're left sitting there thinking "Hell, he's making $ on the front end, he's making money on the back end, he'll rape my trade if I have one, he's making money when I sign the financing...what the frip are they having to talk about, this is a baby seal clubbing!" Stop me if I'm way off base, but what gives....I'm guessing they're cooking up, a "we gota milk him till we run out of t*t." scheme. Why can't it all just be easy. Why can't he come back around the bend, shake your hand, you sign a clearly understood finance agreement, the key toss, and happy trails!? This is a good thread, I like this discussion. It's probably the most relevent material on something we all have to do if we want to ride, get the darn bike! Love you guys... -M
pay list price or accept a sale price if they had one....Just like buying your computer and other goods and services... the people made the industry the way it is not the industry.

Old 12-15-2008 | 09:15 AM
DeathProof72
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by rounder
pay list price or accept a sale price if they had one....Just like buying your computer and other goods and services... the people made the industry the way it is not the industry.
I agree. I ended up pulling the trigger on Saturday. I ended up with straight MSRP (no freight or prep fees) amd 20% off what I buy when I take the bike, 15% off all accessories or gear through March 08, and a standing 15% on any exhaust system related installation equipment open indefinitely until done, and a free battery tender (hey, it' something) . And I was also able to order my bike at the same price they were offering on the floor model..

Old 12-15-2008 | 09:24 AM
nathanw
Road Warrior

Congrats man! Hope you enjoy the new baby.

Quick Reply: Good Deal on a Street Bob?