Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Deal on a Street Bob?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008 | 10:52 AM
DeathProof72
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by nathanw
+1 And these stealerships wonder why everyone hates to deal with them, it's DBag attitudes like that!
You meant this comment from Topspin I suspect, not mine (right?):

"Weirded out that someone may make a profit on you? Scary huh?

Tony
Vice President
<City> Honda, Nissan, Pontiac, GMC, Buick and Kia."

Old 12-10-2008 | 11:00 AM
DeathProof72
|
Road Master

Thanks for all the helpful information. Any additional details on deals you guys have gotten would help me greatly. Dealers in NY are amazing, one dealer, before I even tried to negotiate a deal, said flat out, the price is non negotiable since this is such a popular bike, we know we will be able to sell it to someone else. Strangely, that same bike is on the floor 4 weeks later and I don't see the road cluttered with street bobs here ever.

I an going to definitely try shopping around for a better deal, in and out of NY. I like the 20% off accessories suggestion, and wether these dealers admit it or not, they are not selling bikes left and right at this time of year. I will definitely ask to #1 waive freight and setup, then maybe an additional $1000 off, wither in cost from bike's actual MSRP, or in free accessories. And if I get a pipe out of it, or even 20% off, ill try to get it installed free, otherwise will do myself..

But please, any additional experience information , especially #s and deals, would help me this weekend when I begin shopping more aggressively..

Old 12-10-2008 | 11:02 AM
DeathProof72
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Prodriverdon
Every dealer I have been in lately has the floor jammed with bikes. Shop and you will get a great deal. Dont buy his 10% off parts crap either. Put your own pipes on and the high flow a/c kit. +1 on the tuner. P/M me if you want specific dealers that will save you $. And no I am not a dealer or salesman.....
Just PMd you. I should know already you're not a dealer, you didn't accuse me of being afraid to pay more, LOL...

Old 12-10-2008 | 06:51 PM
nathanw
Road Warrior

Yeah, it was directed towards the "VP".

Originally Posted by DeathProof72
You meant this comment from Topspin I suspect, not mine (right?):

"Weirded out that someone may make a profit on you? Scary huh?

Tony
Vice President
<City> Honda, Nissan, Pontiac, GMC, Buick and Kia."

Old 12-10-2008 | 07:48 PM
DeathProof72
|
Road Master

I am going to shop around with this offer in hand. Any opinions on whether it might be asking anything unreasonable?

2009 Street Bob (Black Denim)

MSRP $13,344

No prep and freight charges (most dealers here in New York charge $995 for this !!)

$1000 below MSRP (total pre tax cost $13,344)

20% off all accessories and gear for 1 year.

Free installation on Exhaust and Stag1 Kit (at a later date)

Free Pair of black HD stock mirrors (installed) ($68 MSRP)

If financing through HD, lowest rate offered 7.99 or lower (my credit is awesome, so I would no doubt qualify, unless they decide the rate and not base it on credit qualifications)

Old 12-10-2008 | 07:59 PM
DeathProof72
|
Road Master

BTW, does anyone know of a good resource to find out HD 2009 invoice prices?

Old 12-10-2008 | 08:12 PM
Topspin
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DeathProof72
BTW, does anyone know of a good resource to find out HD 2009 invoice prices?
I'm assuming that since I'm such a DBag and you're such a stand up guy, that you charge invoice prices (your cost) on your products and/or services.

Am I correct?

Oh... here are the invoices. http://www.cyclebuy.com/harley_dyna.htm

They are $19.95...

Last edited by Topspin; 12-10-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-10-2008 | 09:07 PM
DeathProof72
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Topspin
I'm assuming that since I'm such a DBag and you're such a stand up guy, that you charge invoice prices (your cost) on your products and/or services.

Am I correct?

They are $19.95...
Guess there's bound to be at least one of you on every board. Sort of amusing since you seem to only be amusing yourself. And for the record, I wasn't the one that called you a Dbag, but I think I can say without a shadow of a doubt, nathanw spoke for all of us when he called you one. Only you called me a stand up guy, so thanks for the compliment BTW.

I sure don't recall ever saying I wanted to pay invoice price for a new bike, and I am quite sure that noone except a Dbag (as I will now affectionately refer to you as) like yourself would have interpreted my inquiry to mean that. Just looking for a reference point for which to base fair and reasonable negotiations.

Find another forum for your pointless non constructive comments. Being a VP of so many dealerships as your previous (now amended I see) sig would suggest, one would suspect you had better things to do with your time.

Last edited by DeathProof72; 12-10-2008 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-14-2008 | 08:27 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member

I don't know where you're located, but if you haven't pulled the trigger yet, this looks like a great deal on a new Fat Bob:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/956193876.html

Old 12-14-2008 | 09:19 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Topspin

Am I correct?

They are $19.95...
the invoice is NOT the dealers "cost"....

Quick Reply: Good Deal on a Street Bob?