Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Deal on a Street Bob?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008 | 07:32 PM
DeathProof72
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by imjdoggie
DeathProof just like buying cars I'm sure the HD dealer is more likely to give you a better deal towards the end of the month, find out if you are being charged freight/prep cost plus I would negotiate the price of the bike NOT payment and think about getting your own financing IF you are financing the bike or at least know what rate you are able to get through your own Credit Union or whoever you bank with. I would also think about extended warranty and gap insurance and life insurance etc. because you will be asked if you want that stuff also when you purchase the bike. Hope this helps.....
Sure, it's definitely a start. They are charging $995 freight and prep, which is what they tell me they are actually taking the $500 from. I was thinking to ask for $1000-$1500 off MSRP (including the freight and prep) or asking for the exhaust system/stage1 and install being included. I just am not sure this is unreasonable. Anyone have any similar purchase experience where they had luck with negotiation? Was thinking about pulling the trigger by year's end, or late January if I need more time. I want a bike to be ordered, not off the floor for various reasons, which may make it harder to seal a good deal on.

What did you pay for your 09 BTW?

Last edited by DeathProof72; 12-09-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-09-2008 | 07:37 PM
DeathProof72
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by imjdoggie
PS: I went into the dealer to look and left with a 09 Street Bob 2 hours later. Just go get the bike and enjoy it and if you think it was a good deal, no worries.................
Sweet. What do you think of the bike after riding it for a while? In terms of handling, performance, comfort, etc. It is by far my favorite bike HD has produced in quite a while and I think a huge improvement over the previous incarnation, which was simply a Dyna Low Rider with a a set of mini apes and no tach. The chopped fender and mat grey primary cover, I think really gives the bike a more genuine bobber look in spite of what I have heard others say about these changes.

Old 12-09-2008 | 07:52 PM
schumacher
Club Member

I keep trying to buy a new Street Bob myself but no one will give me 10k trade in on my Sporty

Old 12-09-2008 | 09:38 PM
Dutch110
Tourer

I've been shopping around for the last few months and have come accross three pricing strategies used by the Harley dealers I have visited in PA and DE.

1.) MSRP including freight and set up.
2.) MSRP not including freight and set up.
3.) MSRP plus 3k - 4k (the saleswoman told me they were an "offer based" dealer.)

The dealer I bought my bike from utilized option number 1 and was still able to discount (keep in mind mine was an 09 demo so not sure how much that played into it.) I think you will find out most people aren't open to discussing actual numbers for whatever reasons. Negotiate a price you feel is fair, buy the bike and enjoy it.

Last edited by Dutch110; 12-09-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old 12-09-2008 | 09:45 PM
DeathProof72
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dutch110
I've been shopping around for the last few months and have come accross three pricing strategies used by the Harley dealers I have visited in PA and DE.

1.)
Was this just a joke? Or do you actually have some helpful advise?

Old 12-09-2008 | 09:49 PM
Dutch110
Tourer

Originally Posted by DeathProof72
Was this just a joke? Or do you actually have some helpful advise?

Lighten up Francis, I hit submit before I was done posting.

Old 12-09-2008 | 10:15 PM
imjdoggie
Tourer

I am enjoying the bike so far although it is my first Harley so I really do not have anything to compare it to. I saw you wanted to have a dealer order you a bike if this is true you can throw all the negotiating out the window the dealers are having a hard enough time selling bikes off the floor so I highly doubt you will have much leverage unless you buy the one in stock off the floor. I hope you get the deal you are searching for, good luck.

Old 12-10-2008 | 06:17 AM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member

Shop every dealer you can take your best price to your local and ask him to match it
Just like the car biz. Walk if he says no I bet he comes close

Old 12-10-2008 | 07:01 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member

I wouldn't call 10% on parts much of a discount. You can probably get that with a HOG membership. If you want to save money install your own pipes, HD labor is a little price for a easy job like pipes. Stage 1 isn't a must when adding pipes, but it is recommended. Get a free flowing air cleaner and some sort of tuner. Go check out the tech forum for more info on that.

Old 12-10-2008 | 07:11 AM
DeathProof72
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dutch110
Lighten up Francis, I hit submit before I was done posting.
Sorry, just that last guy had me on edge a bit. My apologies...

Quick Reply: Good Deal on a Street Bob?