Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob scraping sound problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 10:30 PM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JRK5892
THIS IS A HUGE +1... alot of scraping has to do more wiht you body possition on the bike while you are turning... you should try to stay high on the bike to keep you weight over the center of the bike durring a power turn... push on the bars as you do this to get a strait line... (from the little sessions i have has on the track with rockets) but it does help you to come out of your turn and on a bike with good sport suspension you will actually feel the bike lift you up out of the turn, this makes it easier for you to lay into the next one... fork braces and stearing dampers REALLY help this!!!!
Amen on the body position for turning, which is why I went with mid-mount controls. The farther I can hang out reduces lean angles to make turns, allowing for more speed, but there does come the point where the pegs touch down anyway...with raising the bike giving that few more degree lean angle. Ain't gonna take it so far as to drag the primary or the pipes, just close. Draggin hard parts would surely be scary, probably disastrous if it lifted the rear tire.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:09 AM
devils haircut
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Centerline
Amen on the body position for turning, which is why I went with mid-mount controls. The farther I can hang out reduces lean angles to make turns, allowing for more speed, but there does come the point where the pegs touch down anyway...with raising the bike giving that few more degree lean angle. Ain't gonna take it so far as to drag the primary or the pipes, just close. Draggin hard parts would surely be scary, probably disastrous if it lifted the rear tire.
Thanks bro, you said it a little more clearly than I did. I wonder if some of the people draggin primaries really need to be. Then again, there aren't many twisties here in Valdosta, so what do I know?

Old 12-10-2008, 12:36 AM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Draggin the primary for me was purely un-intentional and down right scary. It just beat the alternative. Since that day even my pegs rarely touch.

Old 12-10-2008, 02:40 AM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by devils haircut
Then again, there aren't many twisties here in Valdosta, so what do I know?
I wasn't gonna say it, but I was thinking it! I took off my passenger boards and mounts because I hit the left side on my '05 a little too solidly a couple of times which was scary (and because I never use them lately). I've also cranked up the shock adjustments a bit since then which has helped.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:54 AM
dpriest
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My forwards drag abit sometimes. In fact Ive got a pair of boots that look like your peg. Its alittle more difficult to adjust rider position with the forwards. Learn your bikes limitations and you should be fine.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmhlP...eature=related

I'll bet this guy goes through a bunch of pegs! hehehe I've never seen such a thing.. He's racing a freakin' Harley!!! You gots to be jokin'!

Old 12-10-2008, 11:51 AM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dpriest
My forwards drag abit sometimes. In fact Ive got a pair of boots that look like your peg. Its alittle more difficult to adjust rider position with the forwards. Learn your bikes limitations and you should be fine.
Sounds like you been watching Dirty Harry

"A man has got to know his limitations".
I think that was a quote from Magnum Force

Old 01-09-2011, 04:32 AM
limp15000
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So if I'm not mistaken these are the ones I should get :
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/701-277

Old 01-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Odis01
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On a stock SB will the mid pegs drag before anything else hits? Sorry for the hijack.
Thanks
Jim

Old 01-09-2011, 10:40 PM
slider1156
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I might have to go with a set of those. I scrape my pipes alot and when I ride two up I bottom too much even with the rear shocks on five

Quick Reply: Fat Bob scraping sound problem