Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter is here so apart it comes

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 09:50 PM
man4mopar
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 07bobber
Now thats the way the rear fenders should have looked right out of the factory.......great work mopar!!
Thanks and I agree it should have come that way, would have saved me some work.

Old 02-17-2009, 01:01 AM
revolution
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking forward to seeing the finished product.. looks great so far.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:25 PM
DragonSlayer08
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You do good work son!

Old 02-17-2009, 10:12 PM
man4mopar
Road Master

Originally Posted by dbswanson@live.com
You do good work son!
So dad did you make your sig picture? If so when I get this all done may have to get your help making a new sig pic for mine. You seen the fender on the bike but not the finished fuel tank as I recall. Guess you will have to wait and see it till is finished from the painters. Hope this is all done in 2 or 3 weeks.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:21 AM
DragonSlayer08
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will help you put together a sig picture when you are done!

Old 03-09-2009, 10:14 PM
man4mopar
Road Master

Picked up my rear fender and fuel tank from the painter today. The front fender had a run in the paint so will get that in a few days I am told. I forget the name of the color but is done in a matte finish and is a darker red or brandy wine color. I think the rear fender turned out great for my first time cutting one in half and weldng back together. With any luck I will finish this up this comeing weekend.

Attached Thumbnails Winter is here so apart it comes-painted-fender-side-view.jpg   Winter is here so apart it comes-painted-rear-fender.jpg   Winter is here so apart it comes-painted-tank-side-view.jpg   Winter is here so apart it comes-painted-tank.jpg  
Old 04-05-2009, 02:23 AM
man4mopar
Road Master

Winter is gone and spring is here now. I haven't updated my progress which is tins mounted, new bars on, brake hose routed and rear tail lamp wired, think that is it anyway.
The rear lamps I ordered connectors from Harley to fit the factory rear lamp connection from under the seat. This way my original fender and lamps are a direct swap back on if ever I feel like going back to stock. I wired in a trailer kit to make my once turn sigs into turn and brake signals. The center lamp has two bulbs and is wired for the side bulb to blink with that sides turn signal. Worked out great and only cost 40 dollars for the module. Oh and I changed the amber lens's for red ones.
Things left to do is mount a softail solid chrome dish wheel, waiting to wear the current tire's life out before I install that, mount the tank badges and of course what ever else comes to mind for changes. So it is 95% done I guess.
The ride is a bit different but quickly adapted too. Lost a bit of my slow moving turn radius which was expected. On the road feel is good. Hard on the throttle turn is a different feeling with the springer but it stays planted and holds the line well. In short I am satisfied with the ride quality.
Here are the pics as it sits today.

Attached Thumbnails Winter is here so apart it comes-front-done-resized.jpg   Winter is here so apart it comes-left-side-view-resized.jpg   Winter is here so apart it comes-rear-view-resize.jpg   Winter is here so apart it comes-front-wheel-done-resized.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
firegrunt (04-23-2020)
Old 04-05-2009, 02:27 AM
man4mopar
Road Master

Here are some close up shots on how the rear fender turned out.

Attached Thumbnails Winter is here so apart it comes-side-view-rear-fender-resized.jpg   Winter is here so apart it comes-rear-fender-resized.jpg  
Old 04-05-2009, 02:50 AM
billyboy890
Extreme HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great looking bike,well done

Old 04-05-2009, 11:28 AM
man4mopar
Road Master

Originally Posted by billyboy890
great looking bike,well done
Thanks billyboy I am pretty stoked it turned out well and am now able to ride it. Of course we have a forcast of snow here in MN hopefully it never shows.

Quick Reply: Winter is here so apart it comes