Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions Please!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 07:49 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I think you should hit up Hogrida(he posted on this thread earlier) for one of his laydown plates. Will go a long way on that rear fender. Nice inexpensive mod.
also add some black like you are doing then go from there.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:12 AM
K9pusher
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good bro, I have the same denim dark blue on my St Bob. I had the battery band and derby cover powered the same black as the frame. I also removed the rear signals and strut covers. I'm taking the horn cover/bracket and A/C cover in later this week for powder. I'll post up some pics later this evening so you can take a look.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:31 PM
budman045
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by K9pusher
Looks good bro, I have the same denim dark blue on my St Bob. I had the battery band and derby cover powered the same black as the frame. I also removed the rear signals and strut covers. I'm taking the horn cover/bracket and A/C cover in later this week for powder. I'll post up some pics later this evening so you can take a look.
Cool, i like to see how it looks without the rear strut covers... Been wanting it remove the rear turn signals but then theres that hideous opening i would have to figure out how to cover.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:59 PM
K9pusher
Tourer

If you keep the strut covers, then you can use P/N 47531-06, you would need 2 @ $6.99 ea. If you remove them, then you can fill the hole with a chrome bolt or something.

Old 12-08-2008, 04:47 PM
K9pusher
Tourer

Here's some pics, they are crappy camera phone but gives the general idea I guess. I will try to get better ones later.

Attached Thumbnails Opinions Please!!!!!!!!!-2.jpg   Opinions Please!!!!!!!!!-3.jpg   Opinions Please!!!!!!!!!-4.jpg   Opinions Please!!!!!!!!!-5.jpg  
Old 12-08-2008, 04:53 PM
budman045
Intermediate

Originally Posted by K9pusher
If you keep the strut covers, then you can use P/N 47531-06, you would need 2 @ $6.99 ea. If you remove them, then you can fill the hole with a chrome bolt or something.
Who is the part number for??? Checked the HD site and theres no match.
Nice ride by the way!!!

Old 12-08-2008, 04:57 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

man leave some chrome... when i first blacked out my bike it stood out like crazy... now i roll up to the bars/dealers and EVERYONE and their brother has an all black bike... i will not make another all black bike, too cookie cutter now, CHROME will never go out style, do not just have to do black bud, check with you powder coater man i know in my shop alone i have 16 diff style blacks.... but there are SO MANY cool colors out there... if you bike is an off color (not seen everywhere) why go black... it is dark on your tins... hit it with a cream or off white... Rustoleum appliance epoxy has a KILLER looking off white! it is your bike though man do what you want of course... personally i like my **** to stand out in a crowd... got some big plans for the HD after the wedding is over!

Old 12-08-2008, 05:04 PM
budman045
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JRK5892
man leave some chrome... when i first blacked out my bike it stood out like crazy... now i roll up to the bars/dealers and EVERYONE and their brother has an all black bike... i will not make another all black bike, too cookie cutter now, CHROME will never go out style, do not just have to do black bud, check with you powder coater man i know in my shop alone i have 16 diff style blacks.... but there are SO MANY cool colors out there... if you bike is an off color (not seen everywhere) why go black... it is dark on your tins... hit it with a cream or off white... Rustoleum appliance epoxy has a KILLER looking off white! it is your bike though man do what you want of course... personally i like my **** to stand out in a crowd... got some big plans for the HD after the wedding is over!
i agree 100%, thats why i dont want to totaly black it out... I want some parts to be chrome so it makes the bike and/or the colors pop. Just trying to make the Blue, Black and Chrome all come together without having to much of one or the other.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:00 PM
docsledge
Intermediate

Looks real good, a flash of bright would set it off.
doc

Old 12-08-2008, 06:33 PM
K9pusher
Tourer

Originally Posted by budman045
Who is the part number for??? Checked the HD site and theres no match.
Nice ride by the way!!!
Hmmmmm, that's strange. I was just at the local dealer and they looked it up there off that number. the part # is for a small oval piece of metal that fills the hole left in the strut cover after you take off the signals. Thanks for the props on the bike, it's a work in progress. I understand what JRK is saying about getting carried away with the black out. Everyone in my town that has a St Bob has a denim black one, all blacked out, usually with red powdercoated rims. The endgame for me will be the denim blue tins, what you see in black now along with the AC cover and horn cover, I'm leaving the rims chrome and getting the spokes powdered red. That's just me though and that's just what I have in mind for now, I'm sure it will change a half dozen times before I get there.

Quick Reply: Opinions Please!!!!!!!!!