Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lepera or stock Street Bob seat?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 06:48 PM
snuffer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lepera or stock Street Bob seat?

I have a Fat Bob that I want to put a solo seat on. I was leaning toward the Lepera Silhouette, but I saw an 09 Street Bob today and liked the looks of the seat. I know neither is a long distance plush pillow, but can anyone tell me which is more comfortable? Does one sit farther back or lower?

Thanks!

Old 11-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Gwjvw
Road Warrior

I had the stock 07 bob seat on my fxdc,it was ok but i wanted the lapera barebones,so i sold my bob solo to a buddy. I like the lapera alot better and would never change back. The bob seat is a little more comfy,the ;apera sits you a hair lower and a hair back further,another reason why i bought the barebones. The Silhouette looks pretty much the same as the BB.

Old 11-28-2008, 07:44 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I love how low the Le Pera BB seat is and the riding position is perfect. The comfort of the padding sucks after about 70 miles though. Damn shame as it's the best looking seat out there for the Dynas I think.

Old 11-28-2008, 07:51 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

my seat looks awesome and I can ride for hours and hundreds of miles ...never feel sore or any worse than driving a navigator all day... Mustang tripper solo.

Old 11-28-2008, 09:50 PM
SniperCJ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just sent back a LePera Bare Bones. It sat a 'little' lower but not much. It was definately less comfortable and it made the shocks stand out more than was visually appealing (to me anyway). I'll stick with the stock seat.

Old 11-28-2008, 09:58 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I've also got a Mustang vintage solo seat and it is very comfortable but it sits me up higher and doesn't look quite as good as the Le Pera BB. It's not ugly but just not as good looking.

Old 11-28-2008, 10:08 PM
budman045
Intermediate

Originally Posted by snuffer
I have a Fat Bob that I want to put a solo seat on. I was leaning toward the Lepera Silhouette, but I saw an 09 Street Bob today and liked the looks of the seat. I know neither is a long distance plush pillow, but can anyone tell me which is more comfortable? Does one sit farther back or lower?

Thanks!
The Lepera BB sits just a little further back and lower, as for comfort im sure the stock SB seat is a little more comfy. I just bought the BB and love it, My stock seat has 51 Miles on it and am selling it...PM me if your interested.

Old 11-28-2008, 10:14 PM
bzzrd2
Cruiser

LePera BB is the third seat I have had on my bike. I like the firmer feel and I can go longer without getting a sore ***. I found with the cushy seats my *** started to sweat and it would burn after a while. Not so with LePera BB. It is hard though so be aware.

Old 11-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For looks, I would choose the LePera BB but it's not built for comfort, at least not for my body. I didn't find the OEM FXDB seat uncomfortable but the Corbin Hollywood Solo is much more comfortable and looks good too.

Old 11-29-2008, 04:12 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

sillowette ROCKS! that is what i roll with, love the extra bump that keeps you on the seat when you are pounding on the throttle

Quick Reply: Lepera or stock Street Bob seat?