Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tuning dyna superglide sport suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 03:20 AM
johnny night train
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuning dyna superglide sport suspension

my buddy has one and is wondering how to tune the suspension to his body weight. is there much to this process, if not how, and does it make a difference! and should he have this done?

thanks

Old 04-08-2006, 05:06 AM
Cool Breeze
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: tuning dyna superglide sport suspension

If he has a Dyna super glide sport or T-sport, the suspension is pre-set from the factory for a 180lb rider. The owners manual or a service manual will show you how to set it. As for me, I found the factory setting a little harsh, so I turned the settings back two clicks on all settings and one notch on the rear spring pre load. I weigh about 160lb and it works great for me. I think there are about 14 settings for the suspension damping on the front forks and 15 on the rear shocks. Again, factory setting is at #8 and I set mine #6. If your buddy weighs more than 180lbs he may need to adjust it up say two clicks and try that. Less than 180lbs try going down a couple of clicks. Its easy, all you need is a small screwdriver, locate the ajdustment on top rear/back of shock. The front forks have adjuster ***** on top and bottom rear. Rotating them clockwise gives a harder setting, counter clockwise gives a softer setting.