Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SB extreme slippery

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 08:54 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,293 Likes on 1,701 Posts

lol...I didn't know Firestone made tires for motorcyles. I've never seen (or noticed) them offered on any mc sites. Maybe I just wasn't payin' any attention.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:56 AM
freebyrd
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ok this guy probably is a troll however...

this did happen to me once many years ago
it had rained for several days perhaps a week

and finally it stopped so i took this kawi triple i owned at the time out for a ride
i went straight through a puddle relesed the throttle no brake doing about 20 and the bike just came out from under me

turns out a mossy substance like that which grows on river rock had begun to form as this puddle had set for days
that stuff is slicker than whale **** as anybody who has done the river dance over the rocks and ended up in the drink will tell you

so be careful of long standing water it can take you down
freebyrd

Old 11-26-2008, 11:45 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I was about to suggest black ice ...! But it's probably just the Firestone mis-matched radials (wide rear tire) slippin' on whale sh!te ... LOL

Old 08-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Bill-FXDF
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slippery When Wet ?????

I've had my 08 Bob out in all kinds of rain and on some pretty steep hills in Duluth Minn. and I've only had problems when there was oil, gravel or thAt tape they use to mark crosswalks and intersection on the road. By far that white or yellow tape is the worse. Even when dry that tape is slippery. But back to the Bob, the stock tires that Harley put on seem to work great. I've taken some pretty tight corners when wet and have never had a problem (knock on wood),
now having said that I only hope I don't go out and dump the bike from being over confident !!!!!!!!!! ( and that's form over 45 years of riding) Anyway, ride safe and keep the rubber down always !!

Old 08-13-2010, 03:37 PM
kamut
Tourer

Do they sell different/low quality tires in Argentina, which is the OP's location?

Old 08-13-2010, 03:56 PM
Wonkaboy
Banned

Thank God your alright , i never trusted 2 wheels in the rain no matter what kind of tire you have rubber is rubber and they don't mix well on wet pavement so i try to make it a habit not to ride in the rain if i don't have , if i do i ride it's very slow and give myself PLENTY of room and down shift alot without reving the motor then i slowly apply the brakes a couple of times to slow it down even more and it works out fine .. a bike is definably not like a car in the rain i think it's dangerous ......

Old 08-13-2010, 04:22 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,349 Likes on 5,493 Posts

Wider the tire the less you want to even think of rain
Second try the Dunlop

Old 08-13-2010, 04:52 PM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Tread Pattern

Had a guy,that used to race crotch rockets, tell me he used these for rain tires and never had a problem. Notice the tread pattern...

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/pr...172206&ref=sho

Old 08-13-2010, 04:53 PM
mjelson
Cruiser
Old 08-13-2010, 07:00 PM
BeavisRules
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know what he is talking about.

I made a HUGE mistake of putting tire shine on the tires the other day. I spent the next week trying to burn that crap off the tread. Every corner I went around the bike wanted to slide. Now, I don't mind when the rear slips a little but when the front tire starts doing it can get a little hairy.

Quick Reply: SB extreme slippery