Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about buying the Fat Bob Tri-Bar tail light

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Lorance66
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pythagrean
I am thinking about ordering a Tri-Bar tail light for my bike tomorrow and I was wondering how hard it is to install. Is there anything I need to look out for or is it pretty much plug-n-pray.
Hey where do you plan on getting yours? I have been checking mine out and I really want that FUGLY license plate holder off the rear as well. I was hoping to install a side mount license bracket but the stock license bracket looks integrated with the taillight.....is that correct?

Old 11-25-2008, 11:02 PM
Pythagrean
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered my tri-bar tail light from Chicago HD which gives a 20% discount on ALL HD parts. With the discount I was able to pick up the new tail light for $191.00 which is a really good deal. I just got an email that said it is a special order and so I am going to have to wait a little to get it.

I have done a few mods to my bike already and I cant wait to post it on the boards when I am done with this next round.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:11 AM
Fatbob Pharoe
Advanced

Originally Posted by Lorance66
Hey where do you plan on getting yours? I have been checking mine out and I really want that FUGLY license plate holder off the rear as well. I was hoping to install a side mount license bracket but the stock license bracket looks integrated with the taillight.....is that correct?
License bracket is integrated with the Tri bar LED tailight.

Old 11-26-2008, 07:41 AM
shovel logger
Intermediate

I have a lift but still opted to remove the fender no big deal a extra set of hands is nice.

Old 11-26-2008, 08:27 AM
Slipstrm
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorance66
The one I put on my Wifes FXSTC had a piece you could use for the License plate, we used the little piece to add a reflector along the bottom of the light, looks great!
Pic's in my Gallery.

Attached Thumbnails Thinking about buying the Fat Bob Tri-Bar tail light-softail-rear1.jpg  
Old 11-26-2008, 10:09 AM
Lorance66
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fatbob Pharoe
License bracket is integrated with the Tri bar LED tailight.
Oh I see. Well, what I really want is nothing but a taillight on the rear and I want the license plate holder gone. I know guys have done this. Those of you who have done this, how does that work on the Fat Bob? It looks to me like the license plate holder also serves as the fairing for the taillight.

I'd rather have an LED taillight that takes up the whole space in the back of the fender, just no plate holder hanging off.