Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about selling damaged paint sets

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 01:52 AM
grimsrue
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about selling damaged paint sets

Hey All,

Have a paint set off a 2006 Street Bob that was damaged in an accident I had a number of months back. Insurance paid to replace the front fender, rear fender and tank. I have the damaged paint set and want to sell it on ebay. Was wondering if anyone new what people have been selling damaged paint sets for? Front fender is fine. Rear fender has slight dent in it and the tank has a round scratch on side where it hit the ground. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Old 11-23-2008, 02:04 AM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I managed to piece together a near perfect set of vivid black tins for less than three hundred bucks over the last year of so,but it takes patience.'

My guess would be that three hundred bucks would be on the high side for yours,more likely two hundred,but you never know on e-bay. Sometimes people bid stuff way beyond what you would expect.

Wish good luck.

Tom

Old 11-23-2008, 04:52 AM
Ipaintgrt
5th Gear

I have bought complete perfect sets for around $300 also, but if they are damaged then you have to take that into consideration. How bad is the damage, does the tank need to be sealed? Your little round dent could be more damage than you may think. Look at a online catalog and see how much a new replacement tank is from Custom Chrome, compare how much they are going for on Ebay, thats always a real world price. Its kind of tough right now being so close to christmas and just the way the economy is right now. good luck! Hey I got an idea, send them to me and I'll paint them for you how ever you want and I'll make you a smokin deal, I could use the work, and you could change the look of your bike every other week.

Old 11-23-2008, 05:37 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

My guess is about $200 for the set.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:41 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

You may do better to sell each piece individually. If you sell the set of tins which includes damaged parts, people view the whole thing as damaged, whereas selling a damaged rear fender, damaged tank and an undamaged take off front fender individually, might get you more money.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:15 PM
dpriest
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I recently picked up both a tank and rear fender with only minor damage for about $75 each.

Old 12-10-2008, 05:37 PM
alfordjf
Intermediate

I'm new to the forum world, but I'm looking for a streetbob tank for my 08. If you're interested in selling the tank outright, you could either post a pic of the tank or email me some pics and we could agree on a price.

Old 12-10-2008, 05:45 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

dude why not do a bit of body work... prime them and get a GREAT price for them... about 25 bucks worth of product and 1 day of labor and your 200 tins wil go for 600+

Old 12-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have all the black pieces from my Bob since I swapped over to new tins.

I know that you have to give your stuff away on this forum, so i haven't even listed them.

There is no metal damage, but they could use some scuffing and buffing...it's too cold here now to be doing that so i just have them laying around.

I was thinking of having them done in denim black with some old school striping, but people would still want them for nothing so I haven't bothered with that either.

Just thinking out loud...

Old 12-11-2008, 01:36 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Mascman
I have all the black pieces from my Bob since I swapped over to new tins.

I know that you have to give your stuff away on this forum, so i haven't even listed them.

I was thinking of having them done in denim black with some old school striping, but people would still want them for nothing so I haven't bothered with that either.
Just pulling numbers out of my *** to use as an example:

You think the tins are worth $1,000, but you know anyone who would buy them would only be willing to pay $500. So, instead of having $500 to spend on new stuff for your bike, you have $0 and an extra set of tins collecting dust in the garage.

Just thinking in type.

Quick Reply: Question about selling damaged paint sets