Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sissy bar on Street Bob with solo seat?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 04:14 PM
Galdog
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

See my sig pic.... Bowman Welding twisted bar with solo C & C seat. Bar is about 10-12" tall.

Old 06-02-2014, 04:21 PM
kreeess
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

for those who went with the bowman sissy bars, did you have to relocate signals? I wanna get sissy bars but dont wanna relocate the signals, is this possible ?

Old 06-02-2014, 04:45 PM
Ninety8NeonACR
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

No need to relocate signals. The bar mounts between your fender and fender struts.

Old 06-02-2014, 06:12 PM
Smokeless Joe
Intermediate
Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Galdog
See my sig pic.... Bowman Welding twisted bar with solo C & C seat. Bar is about 10-12" tall.
I've been checking out his bars on ebay. Been trying to decide between the twisted and the 16" bar. Have you ever put a two up seat on your bike with the bar in place? I have a Super Glide seat that I use when the wife wants to ride and was wondering if there would be an issue with installing and removing.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:28 PM
Galdog
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokeless Joe
I've been checking out his bars on ebay. Been trying to decide between the twisted and the 16" bar. Have you ever put a two up seat on your bike with the bar in place? I have a Super Glide seat that I use when the wife wants to ride and was wondering if there would be an issue with installing and removing.
No, my bike is strictly a solo rider.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:33 AM
Smokeless Joe
Intermediate
Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Galdog
No, my bike is strictly a solo rider.
Gotcha. If I can get her on two wheels in the future my bike will also be strictly solo.

Old 06-03-2014, 08:14 AM
Davdoodles
Tourer
Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

A Bowman 'bar and a Mustang Cyclone seat. mostly solo, but I use a phantom suction-cup pillion for short hops with a passenger, and a two-up Saddlemen Explorer for longer rides...

Smokeless Joe wrote: "Have you ever put a two up seat on your bike with the bar in place? I have a Super Glide seat that I use when the wife wants to ride and was wondering if there would be an issue with installing and removing."

You have a point. With my two-up seat, the steel tab that bolts to the fender it hits the horizontal bar on the Bowman 16". It's kind of awkward because I have to remove one bolt and loosen the other (ie the bolts that hold the tab to the seat) to get the tab to clear the bar, then re-tighten them from underneath, without really being able to see them... Luckily, I only need to do it it once or twice a year. Once installed, the seat fits fine. Let me know if pics would help.

Last edited by Davdoodles; 06-03-2014 at 08:26 AM. Reason: added info re two-up seat.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:40 AM
kreeess
Road Captain

Nice lookin bob davddoodles, has anyone done the quick release mod on these bowman bars? I'm really interested in these...

Old 06-03-2014, 09:52 AM
kvn_mllr
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kreeess
has anyone done the quick release mod on these bowman bars? I'm really interested in these...
I'm planning on ordering a bowman in the next day or two, and would love to do this but I wasn't sure how easy it would be.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:46 AM
kreeess
Road Captain

Originally Posted by kvn_mllr
I'm planning on ordering a bowman in the next day or two, and would love to do this but I wasn't sure how easy it would be.
Would be awesome if u wrote a how to with pics! 😁 but i heard u just have to make a "U" or C shape in the rear so u don't have to take off the signals each time u mount on and off

Quick Reply: Sissy bar on Street Bob with solo seat?