Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride Wright Wheel Fitment to 08 Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 10:42 PM
vladt
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Ride Wright Wheel Fitment to 08 Street Bob

Howdy All,

Just bought a set of Ride Wrights for 08 Street Bob (or so I thought...)
Prior to ordering the wheels from Zanotti, I've called Ride Wrights and confirmed their part numbers. Finally got the wheels last week.
The front 21 x 2.15 doesn't fit the bike at all. The bearing is a wrong size, the off-sets are all wrong and the hub is too big. I now need to do some major machining of parts (brake caliper, etc) or exchange the wheel for the correct size.

Does anyone know the correct Ride Wright part # that would fit the 08 Street Bob.? It seems that Ride Wright's don't know their own part numbers of have no idea what would actually fit 08 Street bob.

Cheers
Vlad

Old 11-20-2008, 05:55 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My opinion......If I called them for fitment and part number info before ordering, I would be discussing this with Ride Wright, not a forum or machinist.

Good Luck!

John

Old 11-20-2008, 07:23 AM
last saint
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Call them. Don't do a lot of machining and mods to make it fit! Because if anything ever happens, you don't know what all you're going to need to repair it. Make them send you the right wheel!

Old 11-20-2008, 12:31 PM
Redbeard
Stellar HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts

I know it will be a hassle since you're in Oz (right?), but you should send talk to RW and send the wheel back. There's no reason to hack up a new wheel when they should be able to make one that fits properly. If the non-fitting wheel you received is the part number they told you to order, then they should make it right. You should also try to sweet talk them into covering at least part of your shipping cost since it was their mistake.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:20 PM
vladt
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That's where the problem is guys. I am in OZ, so shipping the wheel back to Ride Wrights is a major pain. However, after having a detailed discussion with my local Harley mechanic, I have decided not to do any machinig and just send the wheel back.

You are absolutely righ! The Ride Wright need to supply me with the wheel that I've originally ordered. I've specifically emphasised to them that I have an 2008 Street Bob which requires different bearing size. Either way, swapping the bearing over isn't really a major issue, It's the hub width that makes it impossible for me to fit the wheel.

On a positive note, the rear wheel fitted without any problems. (just needed one spacer machined) and it certainly changed the entire appearance of the bike. Will keep you posted on my exchange progress!

Cheers
Vlad

Old 11-21-2008, 10:07 AM
rhinoWErX
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vladt - Ride Wright has a satellite office in Australia, Brisbane, through www.parts-pro.com.au - wondering if you can work through them instead of shipping you wheel back to the US.

Where are you from in Oz?

If I can be of any help, I'm not too far from Ride Wright Wheels US workshop.

Cheers,
-Jack