Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smoked Tail Lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 07:33 AM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 249 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Mascman
I had that black one and gave it to my brother because I ordered a red one to go with my new tins.

That looks really nice.

Did you use regular spray paint or plastic paint?

I believe we have some plastic paint in flat black that would probably work.

I think I am going to do something about the plate light since I went sidemount with it.

I used regular flat black spray paint.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:45 AM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I didn't even think about this til last night, but I relocated my sigs, and in doing so removed the two plugins for the turn signals that snap into the tail light switchboard......guess I won't be getting a panacea after all.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:29 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Okay, confusing thread to start because the poster put tail light in the subject line but went on to ask about signal lights. So, sorry for me response on the tail light.

I started out with the HD smoked cover kit, which comes with amber replacement bulbs by the way. I think the kit was 30 bucks or might have even been 40. Not worth it quality wise. I was careful and still cracked the clips on a couple of my old covers taking them off and then cracked one of the new ones putting them on. Ended up losing one, buying a replacement, then losing another. So, I bought some smoked covers from Kuryakyn that have chromed housings. Also came with irridium bulbs so they don't show through the covers so much when they are not on. I'm happy with those. A little more expensive but sometimes you get what you pay for.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:24 AM
studbolt
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay I feel stupid! I put tail lights when I was thinking turn signals. I was wondering why everyone kept responding with tail lights. Well the tail lights are the next mod anyway. Sorry about the confusion.

Old 11-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Evil Stepdad
Road Captain

Originally Posted by WS6 Formula
A little dimmer running light but the signals are still very bright.
I originally checked it out by pulling off the tinted lenses then used a piece of a black trash bag to cover the reflector and put the tinted lens back on (you might want to try that). I used flat black paint, if your concerned with brightness, use gloss black. That should reflect more light than flat black.

Found this on You Tube:
zzr600 painted front signal lens
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNT62bAPks8
Cool, thanks for the info. The gloss black might not be a bad idea. You probably couldn't tell the difference through the smoked lens, but it might be a bit more reflective.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:45 AM
Ratbasturd
Road Master

Painted lens and smoked turn sigs.......

Old 10-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Tao3535
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah crud, can we go back to talking about tail lights?

Seriously, I'd like to see pics of both at night if anybody has 'em.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Wonkaboy
Banned
Thumbs up Seat Hold down Screw

[quote=WS6 Formula;4136442]Here's the Kuryakyn Deluxe Smoked Tail Light without the integrated turn signals P/N 4974 http://*******.com/5564l2. It has a light tint and you can see the wiring behind the LED light face plate, so I painted the inside of the lense to hide the wiring and painted around the LED lights to darken the overall look of the tail light.

Also have the Harley Davidson tinted turn signal covers P/N 69304-02 http://*******.com/6n4hj6 with the reflectors painted black.

Hello, where did you get your "Colored" seat hold down screw ?

Thanks, Wonka

Old 10-13-2009, 03:29 PM
Wonkaboy
Banned
Lightbulb Brighter Bulb ?

Originally Posted by XKROME
i ordered mine from J&P and had problems with the stock bulb touching the inside, melting the lens and burning out the bulb. they gave me a new lens and an LED and no more probs...something to think about
I had the same problem with a red bulb that i bought to make my smoked tail lens ( stock size ) brighter it had melted my tail lens too, i then bought an low heat shorter in length LED light and have no problems with melting anymore but the bulb is not as bright as other LED lights that i have seen even when i apply the brake it's not bright either , what are you using ?

Thanks , Wonka

Old 10-13-2009, 05:03 PM
MAGNYS
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the smoked h-d lenses with l.e.d. bulbs and if you go this route see my thread.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...te-w-pics.html
i have since switched to the visor lenses and have the old smoked lenses
if your interested pm me

Quick Reply: Smoked Tail Lights