Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 bungs and 05 pipes for a 06 Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 07:41 PM
..but Ill try 2 try
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 bungs and 05 pipes for a 06 Street Bob

I feel like I should know the answer to this question, but with my reading, ritin', and rithmatic I don't. With the PCIII o2 sensor eliminators I've been told by my Harley salesman that I could run pipes designed to fit a 2005 dyna. Seems like the o2 sensors need to be still hooked up for the ECM on my Bob to operate correctly, but he says "no". So could I run pipes without bungs in them with the PCIII o2 eliminator? Does anybody know if my Bob will run right with pipes for an 05 dyna and bungs welded by a local shop?

Old 04-06-2006, 07:52 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: 02 bungs and 05 pipes for a 06 Street Bob

no u dont need your 02's,the pc lll bypasses it with a custom map.u can run 05 pipes but becareful.with the wider rear ends on the 06 dyna's.you have to see if the frames are wider.because if it is,they might not fit right.the angle bends on the pipes might be diffrent and angle the pipes into your motor or frame.so ask him if the width of the frame has changed.

Old 04-06-2006, 08:13 PM
snowyhog
Cruiser

The sensors/or bungs other markets are on the stock headers .

With what his saying , yes you can run pipes without bungs . Vance & Hines etc

Why would you want pipes from an 05 dyna .

If you are talking about slip ons then yes SE from 95 on will fit , and you can buy bungs as european models to screw in 06 headers no sensors

Old 04-06-2006, 09:16 PM
JonHanna
Road Master

and also check the fit for the dip stick if you want the 05's.

Old 04-07-2006, 12:40 PM
stbobber
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, with the frame being different, better stick with pipes made for a 06 model.

Old 04-07-2006, 05:21 PM
bobcowan
Road Warrior

I have also heard that '05 pipes will fit the '06 dynas. It's a pretty simple matter to weld bungs in to any pipe.

The PCIII replaces the O2 sensor with a fixed resistor. Instead of the variable signal from the sensor, the computer recieves a fixed signal.

But why would you want to do that? It's a step backward in technology. It will run better and be more efficient if you use a computer system that can take advantage of the sensors.

Old 04-07-2006, 07:09 PM
superdog48
Tourer

I agree with you bobcowan, and the way the EPA is get ready to crackdown on the motorcycle industry aftermarkets beware what the government will do. Watch what you do to you larnmowers.

Old 04-07-2006, 07:51 PM
but Ill try 2 try
Road Warrior

Maybe I don't have the PCIII figured out like I thought I did. For price and dynotuneability and overall performance the PCIII seems like the way to go. I know the SERT is good, but it's more money up front and you have to spend about 5 times as long on the dyno to tune it, which is more labor at $60 an hour. I'm almost certainly going to buy 06 pipes but my stealer recommended the PCIII to get rid of the o2 sensors. My salesman said he uses the PCIII on his classic. How would the o2 sensors help me if I have a good map, and screamin eagle a/c (minus outer football) left open with a K&N, and maybe some Big Radius?

Old 04-07-2006, 07:59 PM
but Ill try 2 try
Road Warrior

Oh yeah, F><K the EPA! I ride my bike a lot because it gets better gas mileage than my truck. That sounds environmentally conscious to me. So they can lay off. We should all be standing up to them, but it's hard to do that when HDMC is giving in to the B.S. and here we are buying Harleys.

Look at it this way, if high performance parts are outlawed, then only outlaws will have high performance parts. That way we'll all be outlaws! Isn't that the image we're all after anyway with these bikes. Think about the rebel street cred - Who's with me?.......I said WHO'S WITH ME!?

Old 04-07-2006, 08:49 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

aarrrrgggggggggg im freaking with you till the end bro.die EPA die

Quick Reply: 02 bungs and 05 pipes for a 06 Street Bob