Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jail time for keeping it stock ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 10:01 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by rockon
I think you missed the humor...the "" might not have been enough of a giveaway.

Exactly, :

Ok, is that enough

Old 11-14-2008, 10:04 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Blaster
Or you could ride by and the same chicks could look at you and think "he's got self esteem issues. He must have a small dick"

Lame post. Really lame.
FOR THE INTERNET CHALLENGED: This means it is a joke or meant in humor. This means you gotta be f#%king kidding me:

Old 11-14-2008, 11:05 AM
hard aground
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. I appreciate all the lively input. I think my biggest thrill is just sitting on a well made traditional American product put together by honest folks in a basically honest company.

Try to find that anymore, as the government nationalizes our biggest corporations as we speak.

Well, gotta go. My wife just pulled up on her computer Rush slip-ons web site's w/ its cool audio clips. I'll be damned if she can one up me. Xmas is coming.....screw the recession.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:30 PM
marinepilot81
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I get a good amount of pleasure knowing my bike is no longer EPA compliant or legal in California.

I'll do just about anything to **** off Californians.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marinepilot81
I get a good amount of pleasure knowing my bike is no longer EPA compliant or legal in California.

I'll do just about anything to **** off Californians.
...easily amused I guess...

I think 99.99% of the bikes owned by those who frequent this site are not...

That's because right now to be Cali-EPA good sucks. No R&D has been done by HD, or the aftermarket, to allow Cali-EPA goodness on new or nearly new bikes without have a neutered bike.

The market would respond to that sort of regulation if it were everywhere, we'd adapt, it'd be fine.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:30 PM
mp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm embarrassed to say how long I kept my stock mufflers, but I didn't want super loud ones and there seemed to be no in-between. I heard a bike at a gas stop one time that had just the sound I wanted, but the guy was having an argument with his girlfriend about whether she should be wearing shorts under her chaps and I didn't want to interrupt to ask what his exhaust was. I finally took a chance and got some DynoPower mufflers that looked just like stock on the outside, but had all steel baffles on the inside (for $85 including shipping!) and the sound is near perfect, not too quiet, not too loud, not tinny or metallic sounding. The mufflers have over 80K on them now, and the sound has not changed.

Old 11-14-2008, 03:12 PM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 392 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
FOR THE INTERNET CHALLENGED: This means it is a joke or meant in humor. This means you gotta be f#%king kidding me:

So as long as you put a smiley face after your insult that's ok. Calling a guy gay and a f'n poser is rude. Smiley face or not. That's all I got. No more comments from me on this subject.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:12 PM
XKROME
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

your only punishment is never knowing the joy of dropping a gear, gunning it half way through a tunnel, letting off the throttle and breathing fire on the metrics behind you

Old 11-14-2008, 11:26 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hard aground
Can someone out there tell me what the punishment is for keeping stock exhaust ? Dragged naked by a Sportster through Sturgis ?

Don't get me wrong, I'm duly impressed with what you guys do and I was always blowing up balloons and tying 'em off my bicycle's spokes for added noise as a kid... BUT

I'm having nightmares about the baffle police coming to haul my pansy ars away.

Maybe its age (58 last week) and being new to motorcycles,but I'm okay with the stock setup, I think....anyone else out there like me ? Be honest now !

I'm sensitive, confused, and could go either way so be nice. Thanks guys
Personally, I like my stock pipes. They have a nice rumble to them, and seem to have gotten better sounding as I put the miles on them. That's why I bought an Ultra, it has everything I wanted on it. I'm the only person that rides a Harley at work, and when the other guys crank up and then I do, you know it's a Harley, stock or not!

Old 11-15-2008, 03:36 AM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to say that I think about half of the H-Ds I hear are too loud, or at least loud without the right tone IMO. Just yesterday I was behind a Deuce that sounded like it was passing gas every time the guy lifted the throttle. Volume without quality sux...kinda like some of the kids back in my HS days putting duals and glass packs on a six-banger or even a V8 w/o headers (me and my friends were exhaust note snobs, I guess). It's just noise without the right note, but then only my bike has to please me. That's just a long-winded way of saying it's all about what you like-forget the rest of us.

Quick Reply: Jail time for keeping it stock ??