Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob set up for Two Up -Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 09:39 PM
JEBS06STBOB
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Street Bob set up for Two Up -Questions

has anyone tried the sundowner solo and with the sundowner pillon? it sounds pretty good to me so then you get the best of both worlds. you get the comfort of the sundowner but the look of solo.

Old 04-06-2006, 09:39 PM
JEBS06STBOB
Advanced

has anyone tried the sundowner solo and with the sundowner pillon? it sounds pretty good to me so then you get the best of both worlds. you get the comfort of the sundowner but the look of solo.

Old 04-06-2006, 10:09 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just talked to the salesman and the financing is approved. I'm going in tomorrow to finalize the deal. Then, since they wil only give me $3400 for a 20 month old bike, I'm stripping everything off and selling it to recoup some lose! Wonder if I can get those flames onto the Bob without messing them up?

I thought I was getting the Denim, but they have a Vivid in the back that I want to see in person. I'm thinking Vivid Black so that I can do some flames later down the road.

I thought I saw that a passenger seat is available through Harley. Does anyone know about this and what it look like?

My daughter is only 60lbs. so she may not be as uncomfortable as a full grown woman if the seat is a little stiff. I do know that she loves the Mustang seat that's on the Volusia...for the money I spent on it, it should be freakin' comfortable!

Thanks for all the info and help guys. Tomorrow I should be signing the papers on my very first Harley...I'm like a kid at Christmas!!!!

Old 04-07-2006, 03:23 AM
16over
Road Master

Mascman,

Here is a pic of the Street Bob with the HD passenger pillion. I have not got the girlfriend out to ride much so I can't tell you about the comfort (but to her it should be comfortable because she is used to riding on the back of my hardtail)

Name:  NewBike001.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  52.8 KB

Old 04-07-2006, 08:56 AM
jmbear328
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mascman,

Congrats on you getting your new bike. Harley has the matching passenger seat on their website. I have seen it on another guys Bob and it looked good. He had the HD passenger pillion and a med-low sissy bar and pad. I made a point to ask his wife how the comfort was and she said that the seat was fairly comfy and that her only complaint was that there was a lil vibration on the feet but nothing uncomfortable. I also looked at a few Bobs before ordering my Superglide, the Denim just didnt suit my taste but it is definately a popular color. I looked at one in Vivid black that looked great and I also really liked the cobalt blue.
And I know exactly what you mean about feeling like a kid waiting on Santa to arrive,.... According to my dealer, Christmas is supposed to be May, 15th for me. I can't believe that I have been waiting since Feb, 22nd, but I figured that I had waited 34 years to own my first Harley, so I didnt figure that a few months would kill me in order to get the exact model and color that I wanted. Well,.... that all sounds good in theory anyway.....LOL

John

Old 04-07-2006, 10:06 AM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That looks like another good option.

Another little trick to soften up a seat is to get a hole saw. Remove the foam from the seat pan and flip it over. Take the hole saw and drill a bunch of holes...BE CAREFULL NOT TO GO THE WHOLE WAY THROUGH!! After you drill with the hole saw, you peel the little plugs out carefully...you don't want to rip the foam on the top of the seat.

Mark your hole saw with masking tape so that you don't go too deep. We use this on our KTM dirt bikes since they fell like they are made of wood!

Old 04-08-2006, 01:10 PM
capefearband
6th Gear

Check out my "chromed out" Streetbob:
http://www.geocities.com/myharleystreetbob

I'm using a Harley Sidekick seat.

Old 04-08-2006, 01:23 PM
Protrucker
Tourer

ORIGINAL: JEBS06STBOB

I was looking at the idea of the passenger pillion too, but was advised to get the Sundowner two up seat. With the pillion seat, it screws to the bottom of the solo seat. To be able to switch back & forth from solo to two up quickly & easily the two up Sundowner would be better. I'll be able to let you know better when the bike gets here......supposed to be around the end of this month.

Old 04-08-2006, 09:00 PM
jrh1230
Stage IV

My $.02

I just installed the HD "Tall Boy" two-up seat on my Black Denim SB. I originally was going to just add the pillion but then I realized that for me, the stock solo seat was terrible. The Tall Boy is a bit higher and puts you a bit farther back on the seat. It does NOT look all that great but there's the compromise eh? It looks like a Sundowner with a mildly different shape.

I left the grab strap OFF since I'm not smart enough to figure out how in the hell you're supposed to install it...

Due to the weather, I have not actually ridden it yet but just sitting on it feels much better than the original.

I'm sure that someone makes an aftermarket seat that is both comfortable and decent looking. Eventually, I'll switch to that when I find it!

Oh yeah... have fun installing the passenger peg supports!

Old 04-08-2006, 11:39 PM
The Punisher
Banned

I put on the Badlander with the medium high sissy bar.

Quick Reply: Street Bob set up for Two Up -Questions