Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mods for a new bike and rider

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drstephennix
Its carbeurated
Should be cheap and easy then. Even your dealer could do it if they have a dyno. Get your intake, exhaust, and engine mods figured out, then give it a good tune.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:32 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

any pix of the bike? you can tune yourself... don't pull a Rounder and put the needle Jet in upside down though! First thing I got was foward controls. If you choose to lower the bike maybe just get some 12" shocks. won't effect the ride. you have 12.6" stock.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:34 PM
drstephennix
Cruiser

I like the pipes I got on there now, but thought about maybe some Big Radius 2>1. Whats the best high flow air? SE or K&N? Wanna get that done first. the engine mods will be a bit cuz I got no clue how to do those. ha ha ha Anybody got some step by step instructions?? So I should wait to get tuned until the engine mods are done or get that done after the air cleaner and done again after the engine?

Old 11-12-2008, 04:36 PM
drstephennix
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rounder
any pix of the bike? you can tune yourself... don't pull a Rounder and put the needle Jet in upside down though! First thing I got was foward controls. If you choose to lower the bike maybe just get some 12" shocks. won't effect the ride. you have 12.6" stock.
here are some pics. I would tune myself if I knew how. No clue where to start though

Attached Thumbnails Mods for a new bike and rider-2003-dyna-wide-glide-002.jpg   Mods for a new bike and rider-2003-dyna-wide-glide-005.jpg  
Old 11-12-2008, 04:41 PM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member

I like the pipes I got on there now, but thought about maybe some Big Radius 2>1. Whats the best high flow air? SE or K&N? Wanna get that done first. the engine mods will be a bit cuz I got no clue how to do those. ha ha ha Anybody got some step by step instructions?? So I should wait to get tuned until the engine mods are done or get that done after the air cleaner and done again after the engine?
They high flow are more or less the same. The new SE filters are dry, K&N is "wet" meaning it needs oil. The K&N breaths slightly better, but lets a little more bad stuff in... I've heard the SE can fall apart after a while.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:48 PM
drstephennix
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Herr Monk
They high flow are more or less the same. The new SE filters are dry, K&N is "wet" meaning it needs oil. The K&N breaths slightly better, but lets a little more bad stuff in... I've heard the SE can fall apart after a while.
I wish S&B made one. Those filters are bad a$$. I know K&N's arent good on turbo diesels due to turbo dusting. Meaning they let too much of the little stuff in. guess its the same for bikes. What are the ones that have the big filter element facing forward on the bike and no cover? Anybody seen those?

Old 11-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member

I wish S&B made one. Those filters are bad a$$. I know K&N's arent good on turbo diesels due to turbo dusting. Meaning they let too much of the little stuff in. guess its the same for bikes
Most of the turboes I've seen use K&N elements.

Amsoil is good, it's dry. They make them for V-Rods, but I don't know about the big twins

Old 11-12-2008, 04:55 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

here are some pics. I would tune myself if I knew how. No clue where to start though
I lied earlier... my first mod was a service manual.
S&S has a real cool air cleaner upgrade.

Behind the chrome air cleaner cover can you see the air filter or is it enclosed with a black back portion? If you do not have a fully enclosed air cleaner, the previous owner already added an aftermarket one. He also had to have done a rejet to have it running right. If that is done then all you may want to do is get a new air cleaner cover if you would like to change out the one you have. Those 03 anniversary wide glides are so visually perfect IMHO you really don't need to do much to the looks of it!
The big radius 2-1 is not available for older model Dynas. 2-2 is though!

Old 11-12-2008, 05:00 PM
drstephennix
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rounder
I lied earlier... my first mod was a service manual.
S&S has a real cool air cleaner upgrade.

Behind the chrome air cleaner cover can you see the air filter or is it enclosed with a black back portion? If you do not have a fully enclosed air cleaner, the previous owner already added an aftermarket one. He also had to have done a rejet to have it running right. If that is done then all you may want to do is get a new air cleaner cover if you would like to change out the one you have. Those 03 anniversary wide glides are so visually perfect IMHO you really don't need to do much to the looks of it!
The big radius 2-1 is not available for older model Dynas. 2-2 is though!
You can see the air cleaner behind the cover yes. I pulled the cover off to see what kind it was and it had the bar and shield logo on it. Thought that meant it was a factory cleaner. Stuff like not knowing what was done really irritates me too. How the hell do you tell if its been rejetted?

And yes, I want a service manual as well.

Last edited by drstephennix; 11-12-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member

If the filter is open, it's after-market.

Sounds like it's screamin eagle...

what color is the medium?

Quick Reply: Mods for a new bike and rider