Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory alarm (flashing, no sound)

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 04:10 AM
SAMTERZAR
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Factory alarm (flashing, no sound)

Washed bike the other week. Now my factory alarm has no sound, started with a muted sound. When I press key button indicators flash like normal or when the bike is moved indicators flash. But no alarm sound at all. How can I go about fixing this problem on my own. (Not really good with electrical) where do I start.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:00 AM
glide05
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the audible alarm is a separate piece

looks like this:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

try taking it out and drying it - the horn might be toast.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:44 AM
SAMTERZAR
Intermediate

Thanks Glide 05 will try tom.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:55 AM
fatboyoz
Advanced

Originally Posted by SAMTERZAR
Washed bike the other week. Now my factory alarm has no sound, started with a muted sound. When I press key button indicators flash like normal or when the bike is moved indicators flash. But no alarm sound at all. How can I go about fixing this problem on my own. (Not really good with electrical) where do I start.
The siren has its own battery, which is replaceable. On my Fatbob, you access the module by taking off the l/h cover, undoing a couple of screws, pulling the module holder away from the bike and reaching around behind to disconnect and remove the module. The rechargable battery can then be replaced. HD sells a replacement battery kit, or you could probably get an aftermarket 9 volt (I think) rechargeable battery for a lot less. You could also replace the whole module with a Smart Siren 2. This incorporates a transmitter that will send alarm signals to an optional receiver/pager if someone sets off the alarm.
Colin.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:53 AM
kjkustoms
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The same thing happened to me this summer , right after washing the bike. You got water in the siren, best thing to do is remove the electrical side panel, wiggle the module out and disconnect it. Turn it upside down to get most of the water out,I used a bit of compressed air to get all the water out, then let it sit in the sun for a day, reinstalled it the next day, good as new, good luck.