Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY fIRST sCrATCH

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008 | 06:16 PM
imcworth
|
Cruiser
Default MY fIRST sCrATCH

Man that feeling I got with my first scratch. It really sucks.. I thought it would be a good idea to wash my bike. So while washing my bike I thought that my Sissy bar needed to be washed too. So like a Dumb A** I set the sissy bar on the bike but did'nt lock the clamps. So when i went to rinse the bike the sissy bar fell over and laid 2 nasty scratches on the rear fender. I am so stressed over this. am i over reacting are does everyone else feel like sh*t when they got there first.

Old 11-10-2008 | 06:29 PM
anubisss
Banned

You ahve the right attitude. I see most people ahving to get it repainted or whatever. The way I see it, it's gonnaget a some wear and tear. Trying to keep it absolutely perfect is enough to drive any sane person mad. Bear in mind I lost my sanity a long time ago.

Old 11-10-2008 | 06:34 PM
Drat
Road Warrior

Yeah, I've had that feeling too.....then I eventually decide that its a battle scar that adds character. After that I go completely **** and try to gently work it with the scratch removers. If they are deep, down to the metal, get some touch up paint and carefully work the area. I keep noticing the rock dings and other marks every time I wash it. Once the dust and bugs get back on I forget about it until the next cleaning. Time heals all wounds.

Old 11-10-2008 | 07:15 PM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member

Think you have to choose, Show bike or a bike you ride. I try to wash mine once a month and ride it the rest of the time. Gets a wax job and some metal polish at the wash and some leather care but they were bought to ride not look at Oh yeah, I clean the windshield when the bugjuice gets bad.

Old 11-10-2008 | 08:04 PM
FATBOB67
Road Captain

I know what you mean. I have kind of a dull spot about 1/4" in diameter on my rear fender from a tie down strap that rubber for a while until I saw it at a gas stop on my 2300+ mile trip in September. Now when I see it when I'm cleaning, it reminds me of the great trip I had!!!!

Old 11-10-2008 | 08:08 PM
dFREDb
Club Member
Talking

Don't sweat it! Trying to keep the bike perfect is what will put you in the jacket with no sleeves

Old 11-10-2008 | 08:17 PM
rglay
Advanced

My first ding on my Fat Bob about killed me. But like your first girl friend, you soon forget about it and it just adds charactor.

Old 11-10-2008 | 08:22 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member

Hey if it makes you feel any better, I laid mine right flat on it's right side on a gravel road about 2 weeks ago... at about a dead stop thank goodness. Too much front brake + loose gravel + kids about to throw rock at me, caused me to completely mess up.

...haven't see the kids walk down my street since.... Evidentally the air turned blue around me, and I was questioning their fatherhood.... something like that.....

Old 11-10-2008 | 10:05 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member

Chicks Dig Body Damage, adds charter. jackyl

Old 11-10-2008 | 11:57 PM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member

Everyone here probably has a one or two reminders that their bikes are for riding not just for show. If you ride your bike you'll eventually going to get a scratch or ding somewhere. It sucks but what you gonna do. archergodwin I laughed pretty good at "kids about to throw rock at me" so I must apologize. Hope you were ok.

Quick Reply: MY fIRST sCrATCH