Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY fIRST sCrATCH

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008 | 01:31 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by imcworth
does everyone else feel like sh*t when they got there first.
Not me. I sell automotive paint. I plan on laying some custom paint on my bike this winter. I'm thinking of getting a second set of tins so I can change paint jobs on a regular basis. Someone put a small dent in my tank somehow. It bugs the heck out of my buddy every time he sees it. I tell him - no biggie, a little filler and sanding when I shoot the new paint, you'll never know it was there.

I'll probably use scratch resistant/self healing clear when I shoot it.

Old 11-11-2008 | 01:42 AM
SikRyd
Tourer

I have more than a few "battle scars". Don't mind em' so much now. But it is funny since I also enter bike shows (and do quite well usually), the thing that pisses me off is when a judge or someone points them out. I just laugh and let them know that its my daily rider too, not a trailer queen I bring to show off, or wrote a check for someone else to do the work.
I wish RIDE-IN-BIKE SHOWS would be just THAT, a bike that you RODE in, not on a trailer either.
I don't mind loosing to trailer queens now. I realize they are the ones that are really loosing out on actually riding something that was meant to do just that.

Old 11-11-2008 | 05:33 AM
Harley43147
Tourer

I heard of a guy who after buying a real nice new car, hit the door with a ball pean hammer. "There, now I won't have the stress of it getting scratched...."
Thought he was nut at the time.
Wait a week and if it still bugs you, get it fixed. If not, ride on.... :-)

Old 11-11-2008 | 06:56 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

depending on the scratch you can lessen the severity with some touchup paint. I have some heavy nicks on my fender from the previous owner (under the sissy bar side plate). I filled them in with touch up and while they still can be seen they are much less noticable. scratching sux. it happens.

Old 11-11-2008 | 08:44 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by red devil
... archergodwin I laughed pretty good at "kids about to throw rock at me" so I must apologize. Hope you were ok.
Sokay to laugh, when I think of how that musta looked, I laugh now too.... the bruising has gone away

Anybody remember Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In? .... the guy on the tricycle....

imcworth - point is, yeah it sucks at the time, but it can be fixed if/when you want to.

Last edited by archergodwin; 11-11-2008 at 08:48 AM.
Old 11-11-2008 | 06:01 PM
hard aground
Cruiser

2 scratches ? Heck , that's nothing. My wife took off on her new '08 SuperGlide a few weeks ago without securing the saddle bag buckles on one side.

Well, check this out. After only a few miles, it looks like someone did a little sandblasting.

She's doing better. I see her once a week in the place that takes away your belts & shoelaces.

Old 11-11-2008 | 11:48 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. Everything that gets driven gets scratched.

Old 11-12-2008 | 12:44 AM
BUC8HED
Intermediate

Mine hasn't looked the same since I got it out from under that Chevy.
Nothing a little Bed Liner paint won't fix.

Old 11-12-2008 | 06:49 AM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

you can have a new bike. keeping it that way we drive you goofy.

Old 11-12-2008 | 07:45 AM
Bill-FXDF
Advanced

Morning. I've had my Fat Bob a couple of months (a little over 1K milesd) and so far I've been dam lucky. I'm dreading my 1st scratch on the Black Denim Paint !!! Good luck !

Quick Reply: MY fIRST sCrATCH