Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Vintage vs. Mean City Cycles mod

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 04:57 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Low_Wider
Rounder, and that's a problem living in Florida?
it gets below 75º... like right now for instance.

hey shockwave where does the seat feel uncomfortable to you? if you pain is in the area of your inner sit bones it's the pan causing it. If you outer area is sore (like the same place you come into contact with a chair) then you may be good with better foam.
For me it was the inner area between the legs(like if I was riding on a bicycle seat). A mustang rep taught me all about this and he was right about my comfort issues. The flat pan of the mustang has me sitting like I am in a chair and the inner area does not even feel as if it is in contact with the seat anymore. Same holds true for my wife(pain area not in contact) although she does feel the pillion is a little hard for her at the moment(she need to "break it In" and ride with me more ). this also has to do with the side support built into the mustang that does not allow the seat to fold over on itself the way a stock seat does.

Last edited by rounder; 11-07-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:52 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I rode on a Sportster for a little over over 1000 miles in 18 hours on a Mustang vintage solo. No butt pain. It's not the best looking seat but I'll be damned if there is anything better for long distance travel in my opinion. Now that was on a Sportster.
Next May I'll find out how the Dyna version is when I attempt another saddlesore 1000 ride on the Street Bob. Can't wait.

Last edited by PigInaBlanket; 11-07-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:06 PM
ShockwaveTXB
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not really that I end up with a lot of soreness or pain on a long trip, it just feels like I'm sitting on a rock or a metal bleacher after a while. Sometimes there's a little numbness after a longer ride, but I don't know if I'd say it was really soreness.

Just really looking for something that feels more like I'm sitting IN it, and with a bit more of a cushion feeling that makes my butt want to sit in it and feel comfortable like a nice sports car seat.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:03 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Yea I know what you mean. The Le Pera Bare Bones seat really makes me feel like I'm sitting in the bike not way up on top. Shame it starts making my *** hurt then go numb after less than 100 miles. The Mustang is great for me but it does make me feel like I'm sitting up on top of it instead of down in the bike. I don't know if there is a perfect seat in all regards out there unless you usually ride less than 100 miles.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:18 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ShockwaveTXB
It's not really that I end up with a lot of soreness or pain on a long trip, it just feels like I'm sitting on a rock or a metal bleacher after a while. Sometimes there's a little numbness after a longer ride, but I don't know if I'd say it was really soreness.

Just really looking for something that feels more like I'm sitting IN it, and with a bit more of a cushion feeling that makes my butt want to sit in it and feel comfortable like a nice sports car seat.
aren't sports car seats notoriously firm... how about a 76 cadillac sedan de ville... that's more like what memory foam will be like. The seat on my bike ... sports car seat!

Old 11-08-2008, 11:22 AM
RKLeo
Road Master
Received 102 Likes on 27 Posts

I have the mustang Lazy boy

Old 11-08-2008, 06:35 PM
tdegroot
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a mustang daytripper on my sportster and loved it, so I got one for my FXDC when I got it. Did about a 4000 mile ten day trip last summer and it worked out pretty well. The bigest thing that I found that spoiled the comfort was heat. Once my a-s got sticky, I had to stop often. The last day I rode a little over 1000 to get home. I was sore but I'm not sure I wouldn't of been on any seat.