Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks Bosken....I think

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Muddyape
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks Bosken....I think

Our friend on the other side of the world has given me rear fender ideas that I cant shake and now that winter is near in New England, 4 months of down time is just too long. I starting cutting the original SB fender today........

Going to use the Lepera Barebones I have on the bike and figured a way to secure the fender so I can keep it attached after I cut the struts off....hope it looks as good as it does in my head. Just bored.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:07 PM
devils haircut
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Normally I fully encourage other members to chop away (Hell, it's not my bike), but your bike is one of my top three favorites on the entire forum... SO PLEASE DON"T SCREW IT UP!!!

That being said, if you give it the same thought and forsight that your projects have received in the past, I'm sure it will come out great.

I want dibs on the bobtail fender as well!

Old 11-04-2008, 12:26 PM
imjdoggie
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

please post pics of your build I was planning on doing this myself at some point to, looks good so far

Old 11-04-2008, 12:40 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

nice bed spread

Old 11-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Muddyape
Road Master

Originally Posted by devils haircut
Normally I fully encourage other members to chop away (Hell, it's not my bike), but your bike is one of my top three favorites on the entire forum... SO PLEASE DON"T SCREW IT UP!!!

That being said, if you give it the same thought and forsight that your projects have received in the past, I'm sure it will come out great.

I want dibs on the bobtail fender as well!

Well thank you sir. With that being said Ive been losing sleep over this thing...then it hit me, i had an epiphany and think ive got it figured out. I'm going to use the run/tail/stop set up and run rear lights like the Nightster but move the blinkers up to the mounting bolt directly behind the shock bolt and use that to hold the fender/blinker. So im leaving about 4-5"s of strut I could ditch em altogether but again want to run my barebones...worse case scenario is a spring type saddle minus the springs. I just dont like the redundancy of spring seats with exposed shocks. But im going to build a bracket to hold the fender that will actually hold the fender in 6 spots and should be enough to support the Lepera...with exception to riding 2 up the fender really shouldnt bare any weight except to keep the seat from sliding back. Hope im right. ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY YOUVE GOT DIBS ON THE BOBTAIL.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Muddyape
Road Master

Originally Posted by JRK5892
nice bed spread
Wise A$$. HAHA.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:31 PM
devils haircut
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Muddyape
Well thank you sir. With that being said Ive been losing sleep over this thing...then it hit me, i had an epiphany and think ive got it figured out. I'm going to use the run/tail/stop set up and run rear lights like the Nightster but move the blinkers up to the mounting bolt directly behind the shock bolt and use that to hold the fender/blinker. So im leaving about 4-5"s of strut I could ditch em altogether but again want to run my barebones...worse case scenario is a spring type saddle minus the springs. I just dont like the redundancy of spring seats with exposed shocks. But im going to build a bracket to hold the fender that will actually hold the fender in 6 spots and should be enough to support the Lepera...with exception to riding 2 up the fender really shouldnt bare any weight except to keep the seat from sliding back. Hope im right. ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY YOUVE GOT DIBS ON THE BOBTAIL.

Are you going to drill new holes in the strut for the turn signal wires? That is what AdrianVall had to do when he moved the blinkers to where you are planning to put them. If you haven't thought about that yet, you may want to PM Adrian.

Joe, I didn't even notice the bed spread! When I was living in a tent in South Korea, the military gave us HORIBLE blankets so we all bought the fake mink blankets that the Koreans were selling. We took what we could get, and I ended up with a disney "Finding Nemo" blanket!

Old 11-04-2008, 02:00 PM
bosken
Banned

Muddyape! That´s the way to do it! haha...Looks great...hmmm might have to recut mine a bit now... Pictures when you´re done ASAP!

Old 11-04-2008, 02:08 PM
bosken
Banned

Pics of my mounting solution... Used the four stock holes in the plate as you can see..

And I also placed the fender so can use a stock seat or Lepera etc.

Hope it helps!

/Paul

Old 11-04-2008, 04:07 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

It takes ***** to do **** like this.....wish you luck mud!!

Quick Reply: Thanks Bosken....I think