Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photos of my Dyna 'Electra Glide'

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008 | 04:25 PM
SURFOR Chop
|
Elite HDF Member
Default Some more

A few more photos ... these are outside in the sunshine, so I hope a little better quality!

Attached Thumbnails Photos of my Dyna 'Electra Glide'-with-fairing-and-engine-guard1.jpg   Photos of my Dyna 'Electra Glide'-with-fairing-and-engine-guard2.jpg   Photos of my Dyna 'Electra Glide'-with-fairing-and-engine-guard3.jpg  
Old 11-02-2008 | 04:28 PM
SURFOR Chop
|
Elite HDF Member
Default And some more

Taken Sunday 2 Nov.

Attached Thumbnails Photos of my Dyna 'Electra Glide'-with-fairing-and-engine-guard-rider-s-view.jpg   Photos of my Dyna 'Electra Glide'-with-fairing-removed-and-engine-guard1.jpg   Photos of my Dyna 'Electra Glide'-close-up-of-engine-guard-mount2.jpg   Photos of my Dyna 'Electra Glide'-close-up-of-engine-guard-mount.jpg  
Old 11-02-2008 | 04:32 PM
HDRider78154
Tourer

Nice looking mods. Good job.

Old 11-02-2008 | 05:00 PM
Roadman56
Cruiser
Default Dyna E G

Nicely done. The only thing it needs are the hard bags. I hear Sumax has a kit for softails.

Old 11-02-2008 | 05:02 PM
Pirate Boy
Tourer

Great job looks good. I think i read in another thread that you have a website with the front end install ? how about a link :-). Also did ya have to make any brackets to make the engine guard fit ?

Peace
Ride Safe

Old 11-02-2008 | 07:20 PM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior

It's hard to believe that we started with basicaly the same bike. You've turned that thing into a serious touring Dyna. Did you find a black engine guard or did you paint/powder coat it?

Old 11-02-2008 | 08:54 PM
SURFOR Chop
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Pirate Boy
Great job looks good. I think i read in another thread that you have a website with the front end install ? how about a link :-). Also did ya have to make any brackets to make the engine guard fit ?

Peace
Ride Safe
The link to the website with the "fx" to "fl" conversion is http://www.kenandjudy.us/MyHarley.htm ... dude did an excellent job documenting and I relied heavily on his work.

The engine guard comes powdercoated gloss black, it's a H-D model for touring models. Since I had installed Softail floorboards, there is a tab for mounting the engine guard that protrudes below the floorboard bracket. Only thing I did different is, I believe on the touring models the upper tab tucks aft of the crossmember on the frame; whereas I just bolted it up forward of the crossmember with the bolt coming through forward from the rocker cover. The fit to my bike was really close given that I have the floorboards, and just took a little "convincing" with a crowbar to line up perfectly!

I'll post a few more photos in a couple of days when I get the passing lamps/turn signal kit installed and the lower fairings.

Also, as someone noted, I should get hard bags. That is also in the works ... I plan to get the old 78-84 style FLH bags and just mount up to the rear fender struts.

Thanks for the kind words fellas!

R/
Priest

Last edited by SURFOR Chop; 11-02-2008 at 11:36 PM.
Old 11-02-2008 | 09:00 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member

ITS A MUTANT!!!

Haha, just messing. Pretty wild lookin' man.. not quite my cup o' tea, but I definitely applaud your work. Bet the ride is nice too! Very unique! Thanks for sharing and posting your progress brotha!

Old 11-02-2008 | 09:17 PM
xbox
Tourer

How many hours did it take to put the fatboy front end on ?
I'm thinking of buying the parts and having a shop do it....
(so I can get it ready for dragonfly fairing)

Old 11-02-2008 | 11:28 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member

Hey xbox, I don't know if Priest had this problem since his is an 05 but the Fat Boy trees do not fit well with the 06 and newer frame. The problem is the bottom bearing on the Fat Boy trees needs to be spaced away from the tree about .150". That leads to more mdifications to the tins or nacelle. I had to oblong the holes in my nacelle to get it to bolt up. That was no problem but it will also have to be done to the light bar if you want to run it as well as the brackets for a windshield or fairing.

Point is if you pay someone to do this it will cost you. If the shop you choose has never come across this it will be on your dime as they scratch their heads trying to make it work.

Looks awsome Priest! Are you going to keep the stock rear fender or switch it out for one from a touring model? I have one from a Road King I'm widening to fit mine. The deeper I get the more I wish I had an 05, looks like it would be a little closer to a "bolt on" set up.

Quick Reply: Photos of my Dyna 'Electra Glide'