Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Really really bobbed rear fender.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 06:07 AM
steelcowboy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Really really bobbed rear fender.

I saw a picture of a bike elsewhere on the net and wasn't able to steal it for example but I remember a long time ago someone lobbed off the rear fender struts and put a super short fender on a Bob. I'm wanting to lob mine really high similar to a Heartland kit or buy a pre made kit and install it. But what I am trying to do is cut it as high as I possibly can and still have a pasenger. Any one remember who that person was or know of a kit that does something similar to what I am talking about.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:59 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do remember to dude... Cut off the struts on his new bob, ballsy! But unfortunatly i cant remember his handle... I'm sure someone will though.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:26 AM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

bosken...he's a member here, cut off his struts, bobbed the fender to the top of the tire, and trimmed the sides as well.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:45 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

that is Bosken!

Old 10-30-2008, 07:51 AM
steelcowboy
Road Master

Thanks I'll try and get ahold of him see if he can give me soem tips

Old 10-30-2008, 08:36 AM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The thing is, as cool as Boskens fender looks it won't support a passenger.I would think that if you want to carry a passenger you would have to leave at least some of the fender rails or possibly mount it to the swing arm with with a heavy duty support bar of some kind and that would be really tough for the passenger as they would have literally no suspension under them.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:55 AM
steelcowboy
Road Master

I really really like the high chop look but I'm being limited with those damn struts. Even if I cut it flush with the fender struts it will have that big gap. I thought about just ordering a Softail fender and try and have someone set it down a little deeper but the fenders don't roll the same way seing as the softail fender struts are rounded and Dynas are flat *** straight.
I dunno I'll figure somethingout soon enough I'll be home in about 3-4 months just still wanting to get as much done while I'm deployed to minimize downtime.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:17 AM
steelcowboy
Road Master

I think someone might have come up with the right idea for me. A friend from another forum suggested having a eat pan made that will support the passenger too and still use a regular seat.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:06 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by steelcowboy
I think someone might have come up with the right idea for me. A friend from another forum suggested having a eat pan made that will support the passenger too and still use a regular seat.
like what corbin makes for the rocker...

Old 10-30-2008, 06:01 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SPECIAL ED
The thing is, as cool as Boskens fender looks it won't support a passenger.I would think that if you want to carry a passenger you would have to leave at least some of the fender rails or possibly mount it to the swing arm with with a heavy duty support bar of some kind and that would be really tough for the passenger as they would have literally no suspension under them.
That's my only issue with it...it's great for looks though. Me, I occasionally ride 2-up, so I could never really trim it more than you or Adrian have. I imagine the old school vertical fender supports like you see on some rigids could be integrated via the swingarm, but that's about it.