Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought my wife a Dyna Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone likes my wife's bike better!

Yep, today we took the two bikes out for a ride. First time out for the Dyna. My son drove my wife's Dyna Street Bob and the wife and I rode on the Ultra. Every where we stopped people were checking out my wife's Dyna and completely ignoring my bike. I guess I'll need to do something else to my bike now!

Old 11-02-2008, 06:26 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Its a good looking bike congrats on the deal also. You will be able to ride it also thats is a big plus. Be safe.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:43 AM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ozoneman
Well, it looks like my wife is going to need the mid controls put back on. The forward controls are a little to far forward for her. So I guess I can get something for these forward controls to help offset the cost of putting the mid controls back on.

How tall is your wife? I'm curious because I was debating about going to forwards in the spring, but am concerned about them being too far out. I'm a bit under 5'-4".

Old 11-07-2008, 02:36 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Perch
How tall is your wife? I'm curious because I was debating about going to forwards in the spring, but am concerned about them being too far out. I'm a bit under 5'-4".
She is 5'5". However we are now considering leaving the forward controls on and replacing the seat. It now has a Mustang Vintage Solo and I've been told that the Mustang seat actually moves one back an inch from the standard seat. I also have been told that a Sundowner seat will move her up an inch compared to the standard seat, so the net difference may be a couple inches. That may be enough to get her up far enough to use the forward controls.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Don51
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ozone.....I have the Sundowner seat on my FXDC. There are a couple things I realized after I installed the seat, form stock. For one thing it does push you a little closer towards the front of the bike. The second thing is that it's a little higher and wider than stock which tends to force your legs out a little farther to the sides when you have your feet on the ground. Just something to think about. It is a very comfortable seat, for sure!!

Old 11-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Slipstrm
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Might consider the HD Reach seat, it'll move her forward pretty far.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:08 PM
JollyRogers
Road Master

Nice Bob. My wife has a Sporty and back when she very first started, she tried the Bob and was very timid about dropping, which she almost did, because it was our son's. He was in S. Korea at the time. Same color BTW and with FWD's. PS: I still have the mids. Well she loved the bike, and it fits her better then the Sporty with the stock seat on it. She is about 5'7" w/ a 33" inseam. I guess at some point she will end up on a softail cause she keeps talking about it.