Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progressive 440 Shocks Vs. Mystery Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008 | 08:50 AM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

Wow is this silly. I'll be buying Progressives.

Old 10-25-2008 | 08:58 AM
luckyB
Road Captain

Originally Posted by FastHarley
Sure, WP, Wilbers, Hyperpro, Bitubo, Fournales, Hagon, & of course some Works which you already know about. Do your own research and you will find more choices.
Thank you Howard... I think this is what a lot of us were simply asking for... names of manufacturers besides the common ones we all know of (i.e. Progressive, Works, Race Tech, Ohlins, etc.).

Here's some links to where the products mentioned can be found:

Wilbers and HyperPro:
http://www.epmperf.com/

WP:
http://www.wpsuspension.com/

Bitubo:
http://www.bitubo.com/

Hagon:
http://www.hagon-shocks.co.uk/main1st.htm

Old 10-25-2008 | 09:41 AM
glide05
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by FastHarley
MidnitEvil has on several occasions posted this type of answer. I have had enough. When a negitive comment not related to the subject matter is left by another member such as several of his, I had been ignoring them (not just this post). I would suggest for people like this either to get a positive outlook or just move on. I would perfer to not deal with this type of behavior. After several I called him on MidnitEvil Q: “I don't believe you.”
HOWARD - HOW CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT MidnitEvil's POST WAS JUST A JOKE?
I GOT IT RIGHT AWAY - I"M SURE EVERY OTHER PERSON READING THIS THREAD SAW IT AS A JOKE - EXCEPT YOU!

Why don't you ask the Jay Risk how he interpreted MidnitEvil?
I'm sure he got it - and even though it's been explained to you at least 2 times in this thread - you still don't get it!

Old 10-25-2008 | 10:53 AM
JsutGypsy
5th Gear
Default Initiation

So as a new member looking for some improvement in handling and comfort from my bike maybe someone can answer a question for me. I have read the last thread that first brought up these mystery shocks, I have read this thread, and I have read most if not all of FastHarley's website. From what I gather FastHarley has proven to Jay that given the exact spec on bike, rider, and type of riding he can custom build a shock better than the Progressive 440. Huh, not much surprise there.

The thing I want to know is what do we have to do to gain entrance into the FastHarley Temple of Suspension? Is there an exam, a fee, an initiation ritual? What do I have to do to get a straight answer from this guy?

I think FastHarley truly means well but does not understand why people come to this forum, we come here for advise from people more knowledgeable or more experienced than us. I do not know about the other members here but there is no way I can afford to buy 2 or 3 sets of shocks and test them all out for myself.

FastHarley, I have read and researched in every direction you have given. I have learned a lot about how suspension works in general. What I have not gained is any direction about how to spend my hard earned dollars on something that will give me better handling and possibly some more comfort. We are all looking to you for your expertise to help us make an informed decision. We are all here waiting for a small morsel of advise from the master.

Gypsy

Last edited by JsutGypsy; 10-25-2008 at 11:50 AM. Reason: sp
Old 10-25-2008 | 01:45 PM
devils haircut
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by JsutGypsy
So as a new member looking for some improvement in handling and comfort from my bike maybe someone can answer a question for me. I have read the last thread that first brought up these mystery shocks, I have read this thread, and I have read most if not all of FastHarley's website. From what I gather FastHarley has proven to Jay that given the exact spec on bike, rider, and type of riding he can custom build a shock better than the Progressive 440. Huh, not much surprise there.

The thing I want to know is what do we have to do to gain entrance into the FastHarley Temple of Suspension? Is there an exam, a fee, an initiation ritual? What do I have to do to get a straight answer from this guy?

I think FastHarley truly means well but does not understand why people come to this forum, we come here for advise from people more knowledgeable or more experienced than us. I do not know about the other members here but there is no way I can afford to buy 2 or 3 sets of shocks and test them all out for myself.

FastHarley, I have read and researched in every direction you have given. I have learned a lot about how suspension works in general. What I have not gained is any direction about how to spend my hard earned dollars on something that will give me better handling and possibly some more comfort. We are all looking to you for your expertise to help us make an informed decision. We are all here waiting for a small morsel of advise from the master.

Gypsy
Thank you sir, may I have another...

Old 10-25-2008 | 02:03 PM
dyna mo
Banned

Originally Posted by devils haircut
Thank you sir, may I have another...

Old 10-27-2008 | 09:43 PM
Jay Risk
|
Tourer

I think this thread took some unfortunate turns- the internet is an imperfect medium for communication, so I'll stick to data. Here's a website I found helpful in setting up my shocks. 'Tuning' them made a world of difference... http://www.gostar-racing.com/informa...ion_set-up.htm
Other facts i learned from this experiment: there are brands of shocks out there for about the same price which have tuning capabilities that exceed the Progressive 440's I was running. Works, WP, YSS, etc- this info. courtesy of Howard who doesn't sell them. There were some criticisms leveled about a custom set up job on my shocks that were thought to make the comparison faulty, however no set up on my shocks exceeded those which can be made on the brands mentioned.
The shocks gave me a ride better than what I had. with that comment, I'll sign off and consign this thread to the past. Jay