Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progressive 440 Shocks Vs. Mystery Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008 | 07:21 PM
luckyB
Road Captain

Originally Posted by icecaps
If anyone is interested...
Thanks for the links. BTW, there is a short "Two-Hour Tech" article in the Nov. '08 issue of American Iron magazine on installing Race Tech Caddies on a '04 Dyna SG.

Old 10-24-2008 | 08:04 PM
glide05
Road Warrior

i get it - if i buy decent shocks for $300 - and then i pay howard $400 to tweak them to fit me, then my reasearch is complete - and my ride will be better.

mystery solved.

Old 10-24-2008 | 08:13 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

If you go to Howard's website, you'll see he sells Penske shocks and they seem to have the adjustability that the original poster mentioned. They're expensive as heck.

Old 10-24-2008 | 10:47 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by FastHarley
MidnitEvil Q: “I don't believe you.”

I believe only a man would stand in front of another before calling member Jay Risk a liar. If you can not find Jays address please go to my site and stop on by the address provided. Please talk to me in person in the same manor you post. I believe you should have more respect for others and know who you are talking to before making false accusations or in the same manor you have in the past. I guarantee you do not do it in person or around your own town where someone actually can speak to you, only on the keyboard.
Did you ever wonder what emoticons are for?

I think you have a stick stuck in your *** or something. You should have quoted my entire comment, including the at the end of it.

I am going to send you a free sense of humor. I want you to try it in place of whatever you might be using now. You will note there are some tweaks you can do to it, adjusting it to suit your style. I suggest you not mess with these initially, as I think adjusting it to your sense of style would probably render it useless.

P.S.

I guarantee you do not do it in person or around your own town where someone actually can speak to you, only on the keyboard.
If you were to bet on that, you'd lose your money.

Old 10-25-2008 | 08:11 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by glide05
i get it - if i buy decent shocks for $300 - and then i pay howard $400 to tweak them to fit me, then my reasearch is complete - and my ride will be better.

mystery solved.
As stated before I do not have Jays shocks in stock but there are many other uses for shocks. You can order every part you need and have it built at the factory before shipping (buy for the model of bike & your weight & ridding style). I used what I had and made it fit the application. This same shock body can be used in many applications, not just motorcycles. The internals must be changed to switch applications. If you buy a set of shocks from the factory for an application, you get the shock built for that application. No need to custom build them.

Old 10-25-2008 | 08:30 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by luckyB
Can you name a couple off the shelf shocks that are equal (i.e. performance, quality, price) to your custom testers?
Sure, WP, Wilbers, Hyperpro, Bitubo, Fournales, Hagon, & of course some Works which you already know about. Do your own research and you will find more choices.

Old 10-25-2008 | 08:36 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

As stated before I do not have Jays shocks in stock but there are many other uses for shocks. You can order every part you need and have it built at the factory before shipping (buy for the model of bike & your weight & ridding style). I used what I had and made it fit the application. This same shock body can be used in many applications, not just motorcycles. The internals must be changed to switch applications. If you buy a set of shocks from the factory for an application, you get the shock built for that application. No need to custom build them.
Howard Just give everyone an example... you spent all this time posting about your shock ideas and yet you have not show anyone anything... A simple short how to, guide, link to order shock parts ,what manufacturers are best for these things would go great with all your insults, challenges, and woeful misinterpreting of other members posts...I think all anyone wants you to do is quit talking in circles and get to your point by typing a few sentences and providing useful links. If you don't want to, fine, I would say you are giving progressive even more business by behaving this way. I am not typing this to make you angry or argue with you... I just want you to type something that will prove your point and help an end user like me and the others to make a more educated decision..

Last edited by rounder; 10-25-2008 at 08:41 AM.
Old 10-25-2008 | 08:43 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by devils haircut
Uhmm... I'm pretty sure that MidnitEvil was only JOKINGLY trying to score a free set of mystery shocks. Take it easy FastHarley. We all appreciate you sharing your vast knowlege of suspension with us (and you will be the first person that I ask when I have a question), but I think you come off as having a slight god complex. I almost feel like Yoda is trying to get us all to find the force inside ourselves. I for one admit that I know less than you have already forgotten about shocks; but straight answers rather than scripture to the kindom of (shock) heaven will sit better with most of us. That being said...thanks again!
MidnitEvil has on several occasions posted this type of answer. I have had enough. When a negitive comment not related to the subject matter is left by another member such as several of his, I had been ignoring them (not just this post). I would suggest for people like this either to get a positive outlook or just move on. I would perfer to not deal with this type of behavior. After several I called him on MidnitEvil Q: “I don't believe you.”

Old 10-25-2008 | 08:44 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rounder
Howard Just give everyone an example... you spent all this time posting about your shock ideas and yet you have not show anyone anything... A simple short how to, guide, link to order shock parts ,what manufacturers are best for these things would go great with all your insults, challenges, and woeful misinterpreting of other members posts...I think all anyone wants you to do is quit talking in circles and get to your point by typing a few sentences and providing useful links. If you don't want to, fine, I would say you are giving progressive even more business by behaving this way. I am not typing this to make you angry or argue with you... I just want you to type something that will prove your point and help an end user like me and the others to make a more educated decision..
Read the post above yours.

Old 10-25-2008 | 08:49 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

Read the post above yours.
thank you so much. You posted that after I started to write my last post.

Last edited by rounder; 10-25-2008 at 08:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Progressive 440 Shocks Vs. Mystery Shocks