Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatbob Tri-Bar LED tailight

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 12:05 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by pinoy
That looks really good!! I wonder if it will fit my Wideglide-07?
I think WG-07 have the same fender.anyone knows?
I wouldn't have a clue, but there is an easy way to find out.
Just go to your friendly local dealer and see if the parts guy will give you the part numbers for your rear fender and the one on the 09 Fatbob.
If they match your in and it should fit fine. If not, well you know the rest of the story.

PS one of the Softail guys looked the 'cover' up on Zenotti's web site and they only want $86.00 + shipping. Still a tad pricey, but a lot better than what the "stealer's" will get you for.

Last edited by In Memoriam Citoriplus; 10-19-2008 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:16 PM
pinoy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Citoriplus
I wouldn't have a clue, but there is an easy way to find out.
Just go to your friendly local dealer and see if the parts guy will give you the part numbers for your rear fender and the one on the 09 Fatbob.
If they match your in and it should fit fine. If not, well you know the rest of the story.

PS one of the Softail guys looked the 'cover' up on Zenotti's web site and they only want $86.00 + shipping. Still a tad pricey, but a lot better than what the "stealer's" will get you for.
Thanks a lot for your answer,i will find out if they have same part numbers,
if so i will check up the Zenotti's web site,sounds very pricey

Old 10-19-2008, 05:41 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus

pinoy,
I'm not sure if its relevant or not but if you have a 180mm tire in back odds are its the same fender. I can't see the MOCO spending a ton of money to make a different one if they didn't have too.
Their cheap SOB's when it comes to spending extra money for that kind of thing, cuts into their profits.
And don't forget to get a price on the light from there too. I got mine from them and it was substantially cheaper than the dealer wanted for it.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:08 PM
rastas
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No it wont fit the 07 wide glide fender.The Fat Bob fender is wider and does not have that plastic part behind battery box ,totally different.Sorry to spoil.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:07 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus

That's a shame, it would have been a really nice change for a WG. Its one of my favoite HOG's. Its a good bet I would have gotten one of them instead of my Custom if it had fit me better and the Custom hadn't been reintroduced.
Oh well, ya can't say I didn't try to help my Dyna brothers.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:38 PM
pinoy
Advanced

That's a shame, it would have been a really nice change for a WG. Its one of my favoite HOG's. Its a good bet I would have gotten one of them instead of my Custom if it had fit me better and the Custom hadn't been reintroduced.
Oh well, ya can't say I didn't try to help my Dyna brothers.
Thanks again Citoriplus,i have just a 160mm tire on mine,so i think "rastas"
have right that the Fat Bob fender is wider.

Attached Thumbnails Fatbob Tri-Bar LED tailight-img_1732.jpg   Fatbob Tri-Bar LED tailight-img_1753.jpg  
Old 10-19-2008, 11:47 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus

Do you have a parts manual for your bike? If you do see just exactly what the part number is for the fender and maybe one of the Fatbob owners will help us out and post up the part number for their fender. Then we will know for sure if it is or not.
I suspect rastas may be right, but what the hell. Its a 5 minute job to look the numbers up and then we'll all know for sure.
If no one has the numbers maybe if I get some time this week I'll stop at one of the dealers in the area and see if I can talk them into letting me look through their parts manuals.

I started this and I feel that's its my resposablility to follow through. Besides I want to see some pics of this setup on somebodies bike, and I think it would look really sweet on a WG.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:58 AM
pinoy
Advanced

Do you have a parts manual for your bike? If you do see just exactly what the part number is for the fender and maybe one of the Fatbob owners will help us out and post up the part number for their fender. Then we will know for sure if it is or not.
I suspect rastas may be right, but what the hell. Its a 5 minute job to look the numbers up and then we'll all know for sure.
If no one has the numbers maybe if I get some time this week I'll stop at one of the dealers in the area and see if I can talk them into letting me look through their parts manuals.

I started this and I feel that's its my resposablility to follow through. Besides I want to see some pics of this setup on somebodies bike, and I think it would look really sweet on a WG.
Hi Citoriplus,i was talking to the dealer today and he told me that the Fatbob Tri-Bar LED tail light will not fit my WG.
Thanks a lot for you care dyna brother.
I have to wait a couple of months for the next ride,
i live in the cold cold Sweden,terrible climate here.

Attached Thumbnails Fatbob Tri-Bar LED tailight-img_2148.jpg  
Old 10-20-2008, 11:14 AM
TheOak
Cruiser

If you have demin finish paint, be careful when pulling the rear fender. They seem to scuff pretty easy. An extra hand would be best. It is the light that should have been stock for that bike.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:22 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus

Well I guess that settles it, unless you want to try to fit a Fatbob fender between your struts or change out the entire rear of the bike.

BTW that's a nice looking ride you have there. I would love to drag my bike over to Europe someday and cruise around. Lots of nice places to see and visit, and most are within what we would consider relatively short riding distances.

Quick Reply: Fatbob Tri-Bar LED tailight