Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you mod the mini fairing for pre-96 dynas?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 01:07 AM
BoomSoon
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you mod the mini fairing for pre-96 dynas?

Has any one done this? YES I saw swveral rides with em on S.O.A. and I Just gotta have one on my black denim bob. Can't wait to see or here from ya'll. Thanks Scoot i know its not the pre-96, they are ones it works on but I want on my 07 with the wider forks, makes sense?

Last edited by BoomSoon; 10-17-2008 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Left out the right year
Old 10-17-2008, 03:04 AM
ZChan
Cruiser

You talking about the ones from the Dyna T-Sport? I think it was about 2002 or something like that. Kinda weird.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:29 AM
Dodzi
Advanced

Would be interested in this sort of thing for the Fat Bob if anyone has any ideas?

Old 10-17-2008, 09:04 AM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Headlight Fairing

Check out sickwithit's ride. He has a front fairing on his.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:21 AM
sonic
Road Captain

I think because of SOA that fairing is about to become very popular

Old 10-17-2008, 11:18 AM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I agree, sonic. Although I love the look of those fairings since seeing Last Saint's ride, I won't ever put one on because of SOA. They look awesome, but I have a feeling its going to become a huge fad now.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:44 AM
jarhead45
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know what you guys are saying on the fad thing. But after that last cold snap here I HAVE to put on a quarter fairing to ease that wind on my chest. Probubly wont look as cool as the ness fairings on SoA bikes but who cares, I need to ride.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:21 PM
Uquackmeup
Tourer

Yesterday I received shipment of a Ness 1/4 fairing. I, too, was interested in how it would work on my SB. All I can say is save your money. This fairing is a true piece of flimsy crap. It's about as thick and rubbery as a plastic coffee can lid and comes with absolutely no installation hardware, although I knew that going into it. I sent it back within minutes of receiving it.

The Dyna T-sport fairing looks interesting but I don't think you can find them anymore and I'm not sure if it could easily be made to fit.

Harley makes a 1/4 fairing that looks well made, just not quite the look I like. It is made to fit up to an '05 but can apparently be easily made to fit the newer bike.

Rifle also makes a fairing that is similar to the T-sport. I just haven't seen one in person to know the quality.

Here's a link to SOA bike info. There's some fairing shots for a closer look.
http://soa.blogs.fxnetworks.com/2008...he-motorcycle/

Ron

Old 10-17-2008, 02:01 PM
sickwithit
Road Captain

Originally Posted by BoomSoon
Has any one done this? YES I saw swveral rides with em on S.O.A. and I Just gotta have one on my black denim bob. Can't wait to see or here from ya'll. Thanks Scoot i know its not the pre-96, they are ones it works on but I want on my 07 with the wider forks, makes sense?
Which faring are you referring too. All the bikes on SOA except for one have the ness faring. The other one is a HD 1/4 faring. Ness offers 2 farings, one for the narrow glides and one for the wide glides. I have the wide glide faring on my bike. I think the wide glide faring works better on the 06 and up dynas. The HD 1/4 faring is for the 05 and older bikes. But I have seen some guys adapt them to the newer dynas. Ness does offer mounting hardware for the narrow glide farings. But with the wide glide you are on you'r own. Nither faring will be a direct bolt on for you bike.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:55 PM
ron1026
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

The HD 1/4 fairing

Attached Thumbnails Can you mod the mini fairing for pre-96 dynas?-bike-pics-008.jpg   Can you mod the mini fairing for pre-96 dynas?-bike-pics-007.jpg  

Quick Reply: Can you mod the mini fairing for pre-96 dynas?