Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna- comfortable?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 04:47 PM
Angry_Inch
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyna- comfortable?

Currently, I ride a 03 Volusia, and it's gonna have to stay around a while. Now that's not totally a bad thing, as it runs great, is very comfy, handles well and there is practically no maintenance. After a few mods, she's not bad looking and the new pipes help. But I am still wondering about my next ride, and I am just curious about the Dyna line.

What are some downfalls, and what makes it great?

Old 04-01-2006, 05:09 PM
WillieC
Road Master
Default RE: Dyna- comfortable?

This is a difficult thing for one rider to judge for another.
The best bet would be to go rent one for a day and ride it and decide for yourself.
As far as the good and bad there is a great deal of info right here if you go back thru
the postings on the 06 dynaglide.

I have an 06 St. Bob and like it very much and really do not have anything negative to
say about it other than the placement of the ignition key and the lack of support from my
dealer on remap issues etc.
I find it very comfortable etc.

WillieC

Old 04-01-2006, 05:25 PM
Stucarius
Cruiser

I find my 06 Dyna Street Bob very comfortable. I think a Geezer Glide is probably more comfy but after that I imagine it is about as good as anything else. I can ride 150 miles with out stopping to get the feeling back in my butt on the stock seat. I imagine a new seat will extend that. Dyna's are generally considered one of the most comfortable rides out there I have come to learn.

Old 04-01-2006, 05:46 PM
lucospock
Tourer

what are remap issues?

Old 04-01-2006, 06:17 PM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

ORIGINAL: WillieC

This is a difficult thing for one rider to judge for another.
The best bet would be to go rent one for a day and ride it and decide for yourself.

WillieC
WillieC said it. Rent one and take it out for at least a few hours and see what you think. I'm good for about an hour on mine and I start changing positions a lot. I also still have the original seat which will be going soon.

Old 04-01-2006, 06:39 PM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone's mileage will vary but I am very comfortable on my Bob. Not as good as a Road King but quite nice. Just spent five hours on it and plan to ride again later. Can't get enough of that thang! Once I get my big bore kit, forward controls and pipes, you guys probably won't hear from me for a week!

Old 04-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Angry_Inch
Road Master

Well, I just got back from 150 miles with a couple stealer stops on the way. I looked at the Yamaha Roadliner Midnight.. wow. Simply Beautiful bike. I don't like the stock seat but ain't much else to complain about.

All my buds moved away over the years, and the few that remain ride rockets. I tried that route, but two herniated disks won't allow it. Besdides, I ain't trying to go 190. Been there, done that. Point is, none of my friends ride anything that interest me. Metrics have demo bikes, but to demo a HD, you need to get to one of the special events.

Maybe I'll just have to pony up a day off from work and rent.

Yuck.

Old 04-01-2006, 07:06 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Since buying a HD is a big decision because there are so many models I think these guys are right about renting one or two models first. Second, read this forum for a while so you are familiar with some of the issues surrounding purchasing a HD. Third, have someone thoroughly explain to you what paying your "Harley Tax" means before you buy one. Harleys are great motorcycles and owning one is a unique experience. But, do your homework up front and you won't be disappointed. Best of luck.

Oh yeah almost forgot........all the really cool dudes pick the low rider. JMSHO

Old 04-01-2006, 07:08 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

ORIGINAL: Angry_Inch

Well, I just got back from 150 miles with a couple stealer stops on the way. I looked at the Yamaha Roadliner Midnight.. wow. Simply Beautiful bike. I don't like the stock seat but ain't much else to complain about.

All my buds moved away over the years, and the few that remain ride rockets. I tried that route, but two herniated disks won't allow it. Besdides, I ain't trying to go 190. Been there, done that. Point is, none of my friends ride anything that interest me. Metrics have demo bikes, but to demo a HD, you need to get to one of the special events.

Maybe I'll just have to pony up a day off from work and rent.

Yuck.

If you have back problems.....ride a Heritage before you buy....better on the back. IMO

Old 04-01-2006, 07:15 PM
Cool Breeze
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Dyna's will out ride and out handle a softail. I've tried them both. Softails are great bikes, but the Dyna's are better riders. As for my bike, yes I'm a little biased 'cause I ride a Dyna. Mine just happens to have full adjustiable suspension, so you can dial in your own settings for touring or sport riding. I've ridden over 400 miles a day with the stock seat and no problems, just need a drivers backrest. Try them out.

Keep in mind that HD's are louder, will vibrate and shake a little at idle, but at speed they are smooth, heck, my mirror's don't even shake at 70mph.

Quick Reply: Dyna- comfortable?