Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna- comfortable?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 07:06 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Dyna- comfortable?

ORIGINAL: edandhishd

As an owner of a 2006 St Bob I will say as a driver the ride is ok. Had a 2002 sportster before and did not enjoy the ride at 65mph.
BUT my wife who has had back surgery could ride on the back of the sportster but can not last 10 miles on the back of the new St Bob which is a Dyna.(of course I have installed a two up sundowner seat on the 2006 dyna) she is not rideing the fender.

I have talked to other 2006 Dyna riders and the ones that have passangers say the same.

See the test ride fron NY to milwaukee in the Jan 2006 cycle world issue. The test rides wife commeted that the 2006 Dyna did not like me back there. (page 44) of Cycle World Jan 2006.
If you ride alone you will be OK.
My wife's been on the back of my 06 Wide Glide for hours at a time and had no complaints whatsoever. She did mention that the passenger pegs vibrated a little, but nothing that really bothered her. I guess it depends on the passenger...unless the St Bob is that much different from a Wide Glide..which I doubt.

Todd

Old 04-06-2006, 02:45 PM
blzbro
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BUT my wife who has had back surgery could ride on the back of the sportster but can not last 10 miles on the back of the new St Bob
edandhishd, Have you tried to adjust the rear shocks?

Old 04-07-2006, 11:25 AM
wild wally
Road Master

My wife has ridden 2-up a bunch of 100+ mile rides with no complaints at all. But we do have the touring seat, which has a very large passenger pillion. I also asked her about the footpegs, after reading the complaints here, and she said the vibration doesn't bother her at all. The new dyna's really purr, especially at highway speed!

Wally

Old 04-21-2006, 11:53 AM
ameristo
Cruiser

Dyna Comfort?? I rode about 130mi this past weekend and my wife kept trying to fall asleep!! If it were not for an occasional bug slapping her in the face I believe she would have started snoring!! I have an 04 Lowrider with a mustang 2 piece wide seat and LARGE pillion pad and backrest, Kurykan wide footpegs for her. I told her she was just too comfortable and we should have gotten the thinner P-pad. You can imagine how she took that........[:@]

Old 04-21-2006, 01:15 PM
Unibomber
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im a softail guy and agree with these posts, if your over 6' foot look at the dyna line. You going to have to do some customizing on a softail to be comfortable. I personally think the WideGlide is the most comfortable stock bike in the HD line up (excluding touring).

Old 04-21-2006, 01:31 PM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

ok lets start the dyna style has been around for 35 years. and has went thru some changes thru that time .it is one of Harley's biggest sellers there is 10001 things you can do to them. dress them up or dress them down.make em as comfy or as fast or what ever you want.and at a good price too.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:57 PM
dyna2319
Tourer

I too bought a wide glide (06 FXWDI) because of my height 6' 3". I also went and got the the optional seat from Harley that puts you back and up a few inches and that did the trick for me in the comfort department. I looked at getting a different dyna models then putting the forward controls on but it was cheaper in the long run to get it that way from the factory.
I rode last week through Harpers Ferry and found that the handling was very good on the back roads. I did rent (Eagle Riders) a few bikes before my purchase, a softail, fatboy and of course the dyna. Each bike was riden liked I owned it and dyna came out on the top. It all depends all the seating position for me with the fatboy had some bad cramps on a ride up to York PA from VA, combined highway and secondary roads. Like the other folks have said rent one for a weekend mininum, you can not really get a feel for the bike in a few laps around a parking lot or a 15-20 minutes demo ride.

Hog 2319
06 FXWGI with a few options, relocated front lights, brake light kit, windshield, seat, detachable sissy bar, tach, SE AC, SE pipes, download, braided fuel lines and a sale on this weekend at the dealer!!

Old 04-21-2006, 01:59 PM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Is there a special tool to adjust the shocks on a Dyns?

Sammi

Old 04-21-2006, 02:24 PM
dyna2319
Tourer

You use a spanner wrench on the rear shocks. Has an arc with tips that you place in the holes on the lower part of the rear shocks. I got one at the stealer for under $10.00. But I am not sure what the numbers mean. One being softest or hardest? Would probably depend on road conditions and if you are riding two up. Have not really mesed with it yet to see what effect it has on handling. I am currently at 3 and solo riding around town and seems fine.

Hog92319
06 FXWGI with a few options, relocated front lights, brake light kit, windshield, seat, detachable sissy bar, tach, SE AC, SE pipes, download, braided fuel lines and a sale on this weekend at the dealer!!

Old 04-21-2006, 02:44 PM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 249 Likes on 166 Posts

ORIGINAL: Sammi

Is there a special tool to adjust the shocks on a Dyns?

Sammi

I used a pair of yellow dish washing gloves, they give you a good grip to turn adjustment with out the tool.

Quick Reply: Dyna- comfortable?