Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna- comfortable?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 07:15 PM
Angry_Inch
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dyna- comfortable?

Well, so far the Vol has been great to me, and my back has never been an issue. The Heritage is an option, as I am comfortable on that style ride. And at least as it comes to bikes, I am 'old-school'. I really love the classic looks although I love all motorcycles.

Thanks for chiming in.

Old 04-01-2006, 07:30 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Gotta Wide Glide, very comfortable, have done a couple of 12 plus hour rides and had no complants.

Old 04-01-2006, 07:46 PM
AceArt
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you search the recent archives, you will find a lot of discussions re: Dyna's, but a lot of it will be concerning emission changes, trans. changes and Bob's (all important and interesting stuff), however if you want to view discussion mainly based on Dyna's vs. other models, I would suggest that you set your search parameters for aound Jan-Sept of 2005.
I joined around Feb-Mar of last year and prob asked every question possible re: Dyna's when I was buying mine. I personally think that they are the best all around choice. best bang for the buck and easiest-cheapest to "make it your own". Welcome and good luck! Art

Old 04-01-2006, 08:12 PM
JonHanna
Road Master

I think the stock seat on my fxdbi sucks. Butt goes to sleep after 45 of highway riding. Other than that its very comfy w/bars pushed up and forward controls were installed.

Old 04-01-2006, 08:16 PM
overthehill
Cruiser

Just got back from a 228 mile round trip. One stop on the way up, then stopped for a few hours at the Dothan Alabama Harley Store 20th Anniversary. On the way back, we stopped one time for a bathroom break. I have the Stock Seat on my Bob. It was pretty comfortable. No numb butt, but I have plenty of natural padding.

Old 04-01-2006, 11:17 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the most important thing to understand...and I can say this because I came from owning a V-star 1100 and a Shadow Ace 750...is that as good as you think the metrics are, you pay all that money for a harley because there really is a difference. And I'm not saying, it's because you're "paying for a name"...I didn't understand until I bought my Wide Glide. I always thought my Yamaha was pretty cool. It wasn't until I sold it and bought a Harley that I realized the difference...and that is...there's no plastic on my harley..and when it's running, you really know it's running. It's heavy and feels powerful... and it sounds only like a "harley". Bottom line is, the metrics are fine...and they are definitely making some nice looking bikes nowadays. But until you ride/own a harley, you'll always want something else. I've reached the promised land...and I aint never lookin back!

Oh, and btw...the cool dudes pick the low riders..but it's the coolest guys that own Wide Glides

Todd

Old 04-01-2006, 11:54 PM
rfhermo
Cruiser

You can say Amen to the promised land, veniculum

[IMG]local://upfiles/8602/9D68C8A8C2C141E48DB1EA0A3748B0E5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-02-2006, 12:48 AM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member

.......and only the sickest bastards pay $14,000 for a bike with flat paint!

Old 04-02-2006, 01:24 AM
..but Ill try 2 try
Cruiser

Since you own an 03 Volusia you should check out this months V-Twin magazine, there's a guy in their with a pretty cool custom of your very bike. Might make you think of what you can do to yours. I just picked up my BOB today from the dealer, and I think mine is fine as far as comfort goes. I'm 6'4" and range between 210 and 230 lbs and with the highway pegs I put on, my bike fits me fine. A gel pad under the seat would probably make it even better.

Old 04-02-2006, 08:45 AM
iwant1
Tourer

For me it cam down to 2 choices Softail standard or Dyna (They're all great). dexo54 has hit the nail on the header ; the dynas are a better ride and have some suspension preload adjustability. I'm 6'6" and I've just got the bike setup perfect for me. I also wanted a decent width front wheel and spokes so I bought a Dyna Custom.

I hit the hills today... what a blast.

Quick Reply: Dyna- comfortable?