Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

am i screwed with these pipes?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Nickpisp
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine runs fine with no mods other than the Short Shots.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:57 PM
SikRyd
Tourer

Originally Posted by HGM
I'll throw you a little conventional automotive wisdom here. Take it as you want...

The rich/lean thing is not going to change in any noticable way by simply changing the exhaust. If it did, the EFI system will adjust for it. What everyone is talking about is just the fact that you wont see maximum performance by doing just the pipes... You bought them, want them on the bike, then put them on the bike and enjoy.. When you have a bit more cash, then, the air cleaner and program will need to be done at the same time. You will be changing incoming airflow and volume, which will definitly change air fuel ratios.. Enjoy it and dont worry would be my advise..
+1 Throw them on, you will be fine. The only time you have to worry about running lean is throwing on a performance air cleaner that sucks in more air, without rejetting the carb/mapping the ecm.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:07 AM
devils haircut
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nickpisp
Mine runs fine with no mods other than the Short Shots.
I run short shots with no other mods as well. I will get a full stage one later as well as a good 2into1 pipe.

Nickpisp...paint that air cleaner cover black, damn it!!! It jumped out of the picture at me. Nice choice with the olive by the way.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:11 AM
goinsideways136
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yes should run fine. may have slight exhaust poppeing on decel but its worth the sound of the pipes

Old 10-15-2008, 12:27 AM
Ashes95
Advanced

Originally Posted by jordanball33
i only want the pipes for the look and to be louder

if performance isnt up to par i understand. but i dont want to mess up anything. im going to get the complete package soon, but now im just itching to get these pipes on and just get by until i can afford the PC and air cleaner. Please help.... I just wanna get by. Thanks
If just for looks and to be louder you might want to try slip-ons. But if you are planning on eventually getting the "complete package" you might want to hold off installation until you have everything.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:08 AM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Pipes only you will be OK! If AC is added down the road, then yes, Stage 1 DL is needed.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:51 PM
jordanball33
Road Master

what is the best price on a power commander or fuel pac? all i probably will ever do is add the exhaust and air filter

Old 10-15-2008, 01:02 PM
joemacro65
Tourer

I ran mine for a month before added high flow air intake and fuel management without any problems. I checked my plugs a couple of times too to make sure I wasnt running lean....and it wasnt. BTW I did also notice a slight performance increase. Mostly that it seemed to smooth out the power band.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:10 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

what is the best price on a power commander or fuel pac? all i probably will ever do is add the exhaust and air filter
how often do you hammer on your bike?
reason I ask is that if your not running the bike hard and really feel a need to increase performance then don't spend the money....
you can install a K&N replacement filter and the pipes without fuel management changes...( I believe the K&N is advertised as such)

Old 10-15-2008, 02:31 PM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if your looking for a PCIII.. .check out fuelmotousa.com . a lot of members on here have gotten their PCIII from them, including myself, they have good prices, double the warranty, and get you a custom map. but their custom map may not be the best map for your bike. even though its the same model bike, same year, same accesories, same motor... each bike runs a bit different. a full dyno tune will get you your best performance. but that being said alot of members on here swap maps back and forth... i have 2 maps people have emailed me, havent run either, but its always good to see what others are doing.

Quick Reply: am i screwed with these pipes?????