Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I see some pics of LePera barebones and reviews?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 09:58 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Love the looks of them and they are plenty comfortable for 200 to 300 mile days.

The seating postion is very good and cant beat the price.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:16 AM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a barebones on my evo sporty and liked it (sorry no pics) nice lines and really quite comfortable considering its low profile. I've ridden up to 400 miles in a day on it with no problems - the only issue is the "lip" on the back was quite stiff and if you tend to sit back towards the rear of the seat as I do it can sorta dig into your tailbone after a while.

I'm currently running an C&C LoPro Solo on my dyna and it looks killer really suits the lines of the bike, price is reasonable and good service from C&C. Quite comfortable; I recommend it over the bare bones for comfort as well as style.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:24 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

can not belive some of you have so many issues with it... granted on my silowette i have abit more padding but hell i could ride this all day everyday... i like it!

Old 10-10-2008, 10:34 AM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

oh - don't get me wrong - I really liked the bare bones and I did ride it all day every day for years; just the one issue with the lip at the back which was easily remedied by shifitn forward a little when it got annoying. I'm just sayin that I prefer the C&C....little more padding and the lines look a bit better IMHO....to each his own.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:36 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm a cheap *** so I built my own out of a stock seat and $30 piece of buffalo hide.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:51 AM
Goddahavit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jarhead, I sent you a pm, lets talk!

Old 10-10-2008, 11:05 AM
Gwjvw
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just bought mine, been on the bike for almost a week,looks good,looks and feels pretty hard,have not rode with it yet, but i know i will keep it! long rides i will put back on my stock seat!

Old 10-10-2008, 11:32 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't know how some of you guys can go 300 miles on it. I can but not without stopping every 60 to 70 or hour whichever comes first. The thing is, it's totally comfortable for that first hour and then, bang - damn my **** is gettin numb. Stop and stand up and walk around for 4 or 5 minutes and then back on the road for another hour. Lepera doesn't market this seat as a touring seat. It's definitely for looks and barhopping but mine stays on my bike 95% of the time and I go most everywhere I'm going on it. I rarely need or want to ride more than an hour at a clip anyway. I like how low it gets me "into the bike" and I love the look of it. Even my wife calls it my "sexy seat". When I put my tallboy on for her to ride, the difference is significant. Changes my whole center of gravity and I can't see a dang thing in my mirrors without adjusting them. I don't have a problem with the back lip of the seat. One of the things I love about the seat is the ability to move back and forth and still feel comfortable.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:08 PM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on looks, Longer rides are ok as long as I make a few stops in between. I have put close to 300 miles on it one time and it kicked my a$$. But I took looks over comfort plus if I go long distances more than 200 miles or so I would put the stock seat back on.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:30 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JRK5892
can not belive some of you have so many issues with it... granted on my silowette i have abit more padding but hell i could ride this all day everyday... i like it!
Well people are different. I can go a long time on the stock seat while others complain it sucks.
Different strokes for different asses.
The farthest one day ride I have done with the barebones on is about 250 miles. There is another Ironbutt saddlesore 1000 ride coming up next year I plan on attending and you can be certain I won't be doing it on my barebones seat.

Last edited by PigInaBlanket; 10-10-2008 at 12:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Can I see some pics of LePera barebones and reviews?