Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang daytripper ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 01:11 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Mustang daytripper ?

anyone got one and ride 2up... kinda wondering how the passenger feels about this seat...another thought is the squareback by mustang...

Old 10-09-2008, 03:29 PM
BUSCHA
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

double posting

Last edited by BUSCHA; 10-09-2008 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:41 PM
BUSCHA
Tourer

Hi rounder. I am also interested in the daytripper seat. I might get a 07 wg soon but being 5.9 with 30 inseam the controls will be a bit of a reach. It seems that the daytripper will move you down. But would it also move you forward?

Old 10-09-2008, 03:48 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

I talked to mustang themselves and the seat will bring you back a little and maybe down... the entire seatpan is flat (as opposed to injection molded like stock) and the padding will not compress around the sides the way a stock seat does....he said it is like sitting on a stool /chair so to speak as your rear cheeks are supported ...
he also says the daytripper is more comfortable than the older style squareback and the thickness in padding in the rear will not change her comfort between the two..
he did try to move me to the vintage style seat a little but I have a hard time with the way the look... solo is ok but the rear pillion is fugly to me ...the thin pillion is cool but you essentially get a tripper pillion so might as well get the tripper IMHO.

Last edited by rounder; 10-09-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:00 PM
Smiley51
Road Captain

I just got the daytripper solo and pad. I went from a corbin Hollywood solo. I switched because my wife wanted to go for short rides and I couldn't find a decent pad for the corbin that looked right. I liked the corbin better than the mustang but really haven't put alot of miles on the mustang. The mustang may not be quite broken in it is softer than the corbin. Anyway the mustang is not a touring seat for the passenger but she has not really complained about it. I'm sure she would like it better if I had a sissy bar for her. I have one but took it off it's not a quick detach kind. It's in my sig picture.
Smiley
There are better pics in my album.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:06 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Smiley51
I just got the daytripper solo and pad. I went from a corbin Hollywood solo. I switched because my wife wanted to go for short rides and I couldn't find a decent pad for the corbin that looked right. I liked the corbin better than the mustang but really haven't put alot of miles on the mustang. The mustang may not be quite broken in it is softer than the corbin. Anyway the mustang is not a touring seat for the passenger but she has not really complained about it. I'm sure she would like it better if I had a sissy bar for her. I have one but took it off it's not a quick detach kind. It's in my sig picture.
Smiley
There are better pics in my album.
cool, thanks, I don't tour but we can put 100-200 miles on her in a day on occasion.
I had a problem with a seat I had custom done (their workmanship sucked) so I got my money back and will get a manufactured seat now!
I may do the solo and pillion as well...

I have the permanent mount sideplates for my bike too...cut out the bottom portion of the holes that the strut bolts go through...instant easy on and off seat...
will show everyone when I can get my camera back from my wife...

Old 10-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Smiley51
Road Captain

Originally Posted by rounder
cool, thanks, I don't tour but we can put 100-200 miles on her in a day on occasion.
I had a problem with a seat I had custom done (their workmanship sucked) so I got my money back and will get a manufactured seat now!
I may do the solo and pillion as well...

I have the permanent mount sideplates for my bike too...cut out the bottom portion of the holes that the strut bolts go through...instant easy on and off seat...
will show everyone when I can get my camera back from my wife...
Hey I would really like to see that mod with the side plates. I never thought of that. 100-200 day trips with getting off every so often she would be OK. Well as OK as wimmens get

Old 10-09-2008, 04:22 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Smiley51
Hey I would really like to see that mod with the side plates. I never thought of that. 100-200 day trips with getting off every so often she would be OK. Well as OK as wimmens get
I take a couple pix tonight and will get a post up tomorrow about the sideplates...
my wife is pretty tough(even though she is little) so even when sore she does not complain. Now, outright pain; different story.

Last edited by rounder; 10-10-2008 at 08:01 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:47 PM
ron1026
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Here's a pic with my fxd with solo tripper.

Ron

Attached Thumbnails Mustang daytripper ?-bike-pics-011.jpg  
Old 10-09-2008, 09:38 PM
speedjunkie
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a couple pics of the tripper on my L. It is lower and back from stock. Wife doesn't care for it much, but she's not as little as she used to be. I like the looks, but it's definitely not a touring pad. But at 200 miles in a day, not a problem with a few stops.

Mike

Attached Thumbnails Mustang daytripper ?-img_0457-35-.jpg   Mustang daytripper ?-img_0460-35-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Mustang daytripper ?