Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FatBob - front turn signal relocation

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010 | 04:09 PM
Marksman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by nitebobber08
how the hell do you get the wire out of the housing? my front signal wire comes through the housing out to the light assembly. there is no way to get it out so i'm thinking about just cutting it and re wireing it after i have it out. Any suggestions?
Did you figure it out? It threw me for a loop. At the steering neck there is a tie wrap (left side) that actually hold the rubber plug (right side). Cut the tie wrap. The wires run back thru the backbone under the tank. I removed my seat and loosened my tank. I'm not sure all that was needed but it allowed me to disconnect the battery. Gently pull the wires out the front of the bike from the backbone. Soon a few connectors will come out. Couldn't believe that was stuffed back in there. Unplug, unpin the connector, run the wires, repin. I have not finished so I'm not sure how getting the wires back into the backbone will be.

Worth every hour I have into it. It looks so clean with the wires buried in the bars.