Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FatBob - front turn signal relocation

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010 | 02:01 PM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Use your existing hardware to relocate. Keeps the signals nice and tight to the forks.

This was posted in the 'Under $50' thread, I don't know, two years ago?
i checked SC.. these mods for some reason or another just dont seem to apply to the FB. the Mounting bolt for my mirrors doesnt even look like yours, they look utterly different

enclosed view the attachments.. Im trying to picture the Mod youre talking about, but im just not getting it.

Attached Thumbnails FatBob - front turn signal relocation-pictures-037.jpg   FatBob - front turn signal relocation-pictures-038.jpg   FatBob - front turn signal relocation-mirror-bolt.jpg  
Old 03-21-2010 | 02:19 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Originally Posted by CRZYLGZZ
i checked SC.. these mods for some reason or another just dont seem to apply to the FB. the Mounting bolt for my mirrors doesnt even look like yours, they look utterly different

enclosed view the attachments.. Im trying to picture the Mod youre talking about, but im just not getting it.
Hmmm...I didn't know.

I'm trying to visualize it. What if you take the left bracket and use it on the right fork. You will need to drill the mount hole to 3/8" to accommodate the pinch bolt. That seems to be the issue. It's threaded for the turn signal mount, right?

Old 03-21-2010 | 02:28 PM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior

screw it, i order the 49mm clamp for the friggin things, set me back 47 dollars. i was really psyched for the clamp relocation by Drag specialties. its an utter disaster.

makes my ride look completely cockeyed. i was mortified.

it should arrive wednesday or thursday.
ill install it then.

Old 03-21-2010 | 02:29 PM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior

the under 50 sections involvingthe relocations werefor the smaller forks . none mentioned the 49mm they just dont seem to be the same.

Old 03-28-2010 | 09:14 PM
blackfatbob
Advanced

did you get them installed yet?

Old 03-31-2010 | 07:01 AM
nitebobber08
Tourer

how the hell do you get the wire out of the housing? my front signal wire comes through the housing out to the light assembly. there is no way to get it out so i'm thinking about just cutting it and re wireing it after i have it out. Any suggestions?

Old 04-09-2010 | 02:34 PM
Marksman
Road Captain

Use your existing hardware to relocate. Keeps the signals nice and tight to the forks.

This was posted in the 'Under $50' thread, I don't know, two years ago?
Question.
I'm in the middle of mounting the mini-apes, buried the wires (thanks for the video on the connectors) and want to move the signals down. I really like this set-up. On my FXD, one signal has that L-shaped bracket. The other does not. Did you buy a L-bracket or did you fabricate something. If you bought one what did the dealer charge?
Thanks
Rick

Old 04-09-2010 | 02:56 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Originally Posted by Marksman
Question.
I'm in the middle of mounting the mini-apes, buried the wires (thanks for the video on the connectors) and want to move the signals down. I really like this set-up. On my FXD, one signal has that L-shaped bracket. The other does not. Did you buy a L-bracket or did you fabricate something. If you bought one what did the dealer charge?
Thanks
Rick
I actually bought a chrome kit for the mouting hardware.

Since I just relocated my signals back to the controls, I have an extra L bracket. Do you want it?

Old 04-09-2010 | 03:22 PM
Marksman
Road Captain

I actually bought a chrome kit for the mouting hardware.

Since I just relocated my signals back to the controls, I have an extra L bracket. Do you want it?
You went back up on the bars? Why did you do that?
The main reason I'm moving down is that I drilled the bars and fed all the wires with the protective cover still on. I'm not sure I could get those turn signal light wire through there too.
Sure on the bracket. What do you want for it?

Old 04-09-2010 | 03:31 PM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by nitebobber08
how the hell do you get the wire out of the housing? my front signal wire comes through the housing out to the light assembly. there is no way to get it out so i'm thinking about just cutting it and re wireing it after i have it out. Any suggestions?
Hey, take it easy... it doesn't need cut off, you'll still have the nubes where you don't need em.
Take the switch housing apart, the wires are tie wraped to the inside of the lower housing. Snip the tie wrap, dis-assemble the electrical connector & pull the wires.

Quick Reply: FatBob - front turn signal relocation