Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What brand of Modulator?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 10:37 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by rounder
so you know I competely respect you and admire your knowledge you bring to these forums....
unfortunately your experiences still fall under self fulfilling prophecy...Had I rode the same road as you today none of that would have happened and there would have been clear sailing all the way for me...It's O.K. you don't understand but it's how the world works.
don't worry and all will subside and you will experience clarity and good fortune for you are in control... not those around you!
I detect someone who read "The Secret".

Along those same lines, if you need to get home in a hurry, just click your heals together three times, and repeat "There's no place like home, there's no place like home..."

Old 10-09-2008, 12:21 AM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 249 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Blaster
I've been thinking about getting a headlight modulator for quite a while now. Recently my brother had a very close call when someone didn't see him and pulled out right in front of him. He didn't touch the car, but his pants did. That has made me get more serious about the modulator. My dealer recommends the Kisan unit but looking at their website it looks to me that it flashes too fast. I am leaning toward the Kriss unit. Does anyone have one of these, or another brand that you would recommend?
I was planning on getting a modulator but ended up changing my headlight. I installed a Deuce headlight that is rubber mounted and vibrates giving off the same pulsing light effect as a modulator. It made a big difference in visibility, now drivers that are pulling out of cross streets or driveways take a second look and stop,.....wondering what is coming down the road, kind of like Jiffy Jeff in this video when he sees something that he hasn't seen before (around the eight minute mark in the video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx4Rc...eature=related

Also take this test: http://www.dothetest.co.uk/

Last edited by WS6 Formula; 10-09-2008 at 07:19 AM. Reason: corrected link
Old 10-09-2008, 08:08 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Blaster
Rounder...Geez guy I said I was thinking about putting one on my bike. Not breaking into your place and putting one on your bike. If you don't like them, don't get one.

I knew when I started this thread I would get some comments about real men don't need that ****. So fine I guess I don't measure up on your man scale. But if there's even a chance that it could save me from becoming a smear mark on the highway I think it's worth looking into.
I was just conversing a bit... there was no attack against your manhood...
sometimes it is fun to mix things up a bit and see how others will respond...
If you believe that the modulator could save you from being a "smear on the highway" you are right and you should get one.
I get all this from an old quote from Henry Ford...."if you think you can your right, If you think you can not you are also right".. something like that anyways.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:11 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
I detect someone who read "The Secret".
been thinking along the lines that I create my own destiny long before that book came out...
It works great by the way...

Old 10-09-2008, 08:22 AM
Grind
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
I can assure you it would not have helped in your situation. I don't think there are any states that allow you to run a modulator at night.
That, and a modulator doesn't even work at night. At least the Kissan unit a friend has has a photo eye that disables it in the dark.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Splatter
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ignoring the questions of manhood and destiny I'll say this about headlight modulators: I thought they were useless until I went to a party where a woman was going on at length about how she wished every motorcycle had "one of those things that make the headlight pulse" because it was the thing that made her notice the bike before she pulled out in front of it.

So I can't say which is the best, but I can pass on an unsolicited testimonial from a non-rider.

I kind of like the Kisan, but here's another that also looked interesting: http://www.signaldynamics.com/produc...dStar/dshm.asp